Part 15

A quick note before we begin:

First off, thank you all for taking the time to read this, I appreciate everything. Don't be a silent reader, I want to hear your feedback!

Second, since starting this fic, I have gotten two jobs, been in two shows, and have been doing a lot of fundraising for my school and some trips I'm going on.

Finally, I would be happy to tell you that I am getting the hang of handling my life and everything, so I will be getting back to writing as much as possible!

Enjoy the chapter!

James rubbed his eyes, momentarily forgetting where he was.

"Morning!" A chipper voice greeted.

"Mary, hush!" Lily giggled, and James felt a gentle relief of pressure from his feet.

"What are you two doing?" James croaked, reaching around for his glasses.

"You fell asleep in the common room with three textbooks for pillows." Regulus yawned, sitting up from the floor.

"What time is it? Where is everyone?" James set the wire-rimmed glasses on his nose.

"Not sure what time it is," Mary voiced, staring around.

"We kicked everyone out of the common room for a girls' dorm meeting about half an hour ago," Lily added.

"We refused to leave, of course!" Sirius's face hung over James.

"HI?" James shouted, nearly falling on top of Regulus. "WHY IS YOUR FACE SO CLOSE TO MINE?"

"Because I love you and I want to be close to you all the time!" Sirius laid on top of James, rolling over the sofa top.

"You're so weird," James groaned, pushing him off.

"I know, but you love me!" Sirius bounced up, the biggest grin on his face.

"I do love you," James matched his expression.

"Sirius Orion Black, you are standing on my hair!" Regulus shouted, grabbing at his head.

Sirius jumped, eyes wide. "SORRY, REG!"

"Moony, why are you dragging me away from here?" Sirius tapped on a broom closet door.

"Because the dorm is empty and we don't need to be in a broom closet," Remus answered, one of Sirius' hands in both of his.

"Are you sure that's it?" Sirius questioned.

"Yes, love, come on!" Remus pled, pulling the shorter boy.

James' heart raced, a mop digging into his back, Regulus pressed next to him.

Sirius laughed. "Okay, fine."

"Are they gone?" Regulus murmured into James' ear.

James pulled out the Map, checking for the names of his two closest friends. With a sigh of relief, he nodded.

They weren't doing anything but talking. Yet, the thought of being caught by Sirius scared them to death.

"He's my big brother, he wouldn't hurt me. And you're his best friend, he wouldn't hurt you either, my love." Regulus carefully opened the door, peeking out around the corners.

"Then why are we hiding this from him, Reg?" James wondered aloud.

Regulus turned, a small smile on his face. "Because, while he wouldn't hurt us, he would most definitely kill us."