Part 7

"Where the hell have you been?" James screeched upon seeing Sirius. "Do you know how long I have been waiting for you to return?"

"James, mate, it's four in the morning. Why aren't you asleep?" Sirius rubbed his red eyes.

"I could ask the same of you!" James accused, pacing madly as he ran his fingers through his messy hair.

"I fell asleep working on the motorbike in your garage!" 

"I scoured that garage like a frying pan."

"Fine, I was out in the field. Happy?"

"Sure. And it would explain the weed-killer scent. And would you please let our Moony in, I can hear him shivering on the doorstep?"

The door slowly opened, and a warmly dressed Remus stood shivering in the large black frame.

"Hello, love. How was your field?" James crossed his arms as he leaned into a wall with a smirk.

Remus winked back saucily.

"Off to your separate beds in separate rooms, boys," James instructed, moving to the kitchen.

"James, why are you awake?" Sirius whispered, following him.

"I always wake up at 4:30 for Quidditch practice."

"So if I walked into your room right now, there would be an unmade, slept-in, room-temperature bed?"

"Correct, my dear boy."

"And Pete's cot would still be set up, even though your mom asked us to put it away yesterday?"

"Yes. Any other questions?"

"No, I am exhausted. Good night, Prongs."

"Night, Padfoot." James chuckled.

-

"No, let them sleep, Flower. They got home at half past four this morning!" James tugged on Lily's arm.

"It's noon! They should have thought this over!" Lily grumbled.

"They fell asleep in the park, love."

"So they should be rested!"

"Enough protesting! It's school break for another two days, I say let them sleep!" Regulus popped into the hall.

"But I made pancakes," James pouted.

"It's okay, we can eat them all!" Regulus cheered.

"There's 90."

"We cannot eat them all."