"You don't have to. We never get to do pottery. Do it while you can." I say.

     He tilts his head as he sits down, despite my words. Then he sets his hand on my back and urges me to sit up before pulling me into a hug.

     "This gonna mess with my scary person facade, but it's okay." He mumbles. I laugh softly as he turns me around a little, his hand still on my back. He rubs his palm in small, soothing circles.

"You used to be a bit intimidating, but now you're nice. You actually smile instead of scowling all the time." I whisper.

"I smiled before." He says.

"No you didn't. I thought you hated me." I say.

He looks down at me. I meet his grey eyes as he mumbles: "I couldn't hate you."

My eyes swell, and I don't know why. I look away as someone walks over. I glance up at Payton Parker—one of the girls who I had to go against for the magazine cover.

     "Getting cosy with someone else already, Amalia?" She asks.

     "Do I know you?" I question as Archer opens his mouth only to clap it shut, even though I do know who she is..

     Her confidence falters for a second.

     "I didn't think so. Mind your own fucking business and walk away." I snap.

     She scowls. "Now I know why he hit you."

     "The fuck did you just say?" Archer asks.

     I frown.

"Except you don't." I say. She snaps her head toward me. "You don't know anything. People would think you did, with that big ass head, but you don't know a single thing, about me. Or other things, for that matter. You know why?"

She glares at me and doesn't respond, so I decide to tell her anyway.

"Because you're a stupid, annoying bitch."

Her eyes widen, and because I'm still leaning on Archers chest I can feel him begin to rumble with silent laughter.

"Why are you still standing here? Do I need to throw a ball for you to go fetch? Fuck off."

She turns around and stomps away.

     I don't say anything else as I lean out of the warmth of his arm.

     "Will you drive me home at break? I need to get my lunch."

     "Sure." He replies. "What do you have after break?"

"Italian." I answer. I take extra lessons outside of school sometimes, but I'm basically fluent in the language now.

"Okay." He replies.

     "Archer!" The teacher exclaims. "Why aren't you doing the work?"

     "My hand hurts." He says.