A Puppet built for Chaos

Start from the beginning

Scaramouche: "I've gained sentience not too long when I was abandoned by my creator. I've been wandering this pitiful world for a long time to witness many sights to behold. For example, your defection from the Empire."

Hearing that Najenda coughs from her cigarette, she wasn't aware of his presence when she left the Empire.

Scaramouche: "Then theres the purple haired girl, Sheele I believe, I was hidden in a corner when I saw and heard kill a gang of thugs by herself."

Sheele immediately has a surprised look on her face.

Scaramouche: "As for Bulat, you were a former soldier working for Liver until your general was arrested and you escaped."

Bulat: "Well I'll be damned, I didn't know you saw all that."

Scaramouche: "Likewise, I've been wandering this damn world for centuries and I know a lot of things that you probably don't know about. This Empire is disgusting and everyone in it. Human life is worthless to them and only thinks of their pathetic standing."

Najenda: "So I take it you want to rid the Empire of its corruption?"

Scaramouche: "Not only that, but I want to know...why was I thrown away? What is the true meaning of my life? I have many questions that need answers."

Najenda: "So then it's settled. Welcome to Night Raid Scaramouche."

Najenda: "Now then, Tatsumi how would you like to be part of Night Raid?"

Tatsumi: "You're gonna kill me if I refuse, right?"

Najenda: "No we won't kill you but we can't let you leave either, You'll have to stay here and work in our factory. Either way you won't die if you refuse. Now that we have that cleared up...what do you say?"

Tatsumi looks down and clenches his fist, remembering his friends horrific deaths described by Leone and Scaramouche.

Tatsumi: "I had planned on being successful in the Capital...so I could save my poverty stricken village...But the Capital's just as bad off!"

Bulat: "The Rot in the center is why the countryside's so poor. Don't you want to rip out the rot from it's source."

Scaramouche: "As I said earlier, Bulat was a skilled imperial soldier, so he knows the filth from the inside."

Bulat: "Our job is to dispose of the Capital's bad guys. It's easier to do when you're not in the midst of the corruption."

Tatsumi: "But...but killing bad guys little by little isn't going to change the world in any big way, is it?"

Najenda: "I see. Then that makes Night Raid all the more perfect a match for you."

Tatsumi: "And why is that?"

Scaramouche: "Because in the far south of the Capital is the main HQ of the Revolutionary Army. It started out as a small movement and has grown into a large scale organization. They've inevitably had to create a branch for gathering information and other unmentionable jobs. Night Raid is that branch."