Call me Severus

TW: death

Snape had heard every possible sound a suffering human could make. He wasn't easily impressed, but something in her voice resonated with him; that's why he complied with her request.

The memories flashed before his eyes, as Blanche was opening her mind to let him in; well, to drag him in.

Snape looked around, trying to find whatever she wanted him to see; he quickly took a glance at the uneventful ones, until he found something that got his attention. Familiar faces were showing up here and there, and he focused on those fragments.

A younger Narcissa was crouched before Blanche, smiling wide. "Hello there, little one." she said, taking her little hand "What's your name?"

Blanche didn't reply, so Narcissa turned to someone who was standing behind her. A female voice answered for her, giggling: "Beatrice. She's shy."

"You always say that, but she is not," said another girl, maybe 9 years old. She had her black hair in a braid and looked way overdressed for her age.

"Mabel, you have two young pretty ladies. I envy you," said Narcissa, looking in the voice's direction. Blanche turned to look at its source. It was another familiar face, and Snape recognized her immediately.

Snape skipped to another memory. Who was Beatrice?

"Mom, Lorraine stole my wand!" she screamed. The woman who Narcissa called Mabel was frowning, sat at a table with a man Snape could swear he had seen before. "Lorraine, give it back. Now," he said, arching his brows. The girl from before, about 14 years old, whispered: "Snitches get stitches".

Another memory was triggered by these words.

"Snitches get stitches, Lorraine", Blanche was saying in a low voice. "Shut up, Bea" whispered a way older Lorraine, giving her a playful smudge, "don't blow our cover."

They were in a house Snape knew well, the Malfoy mansion. Blanche was eavesdropping on a meeting with Lorraine. She could see Bellatrix from the keyhole. The woman always gave her a bad feeling, like something terrible was always about to happen. Lorraine pushed herself against the door, trying to hear more. Blanche looked at her just to see her face suddenly drop. She was about to ask her what she'd heard, but Lorraine put a finger on her lips, shutting her up, and immediately grabbed her arm, pulling her away to the garden where they were supposed to be.

"Dad is a traitor." Whispered Lorraine, looking appalled. "What??" Blanche asked, shocked. Him of all people? Betraying the cause? How could he? "I don't know, I just... heard it. I think it was Narcissa who said it, but I'm not sure."

The memory faded. Snape grabbed another one by force.

"Paul has betrayed us, Bea", Mabel was saying to Blanche, "this is necessary. For the cause and to prove your loyalty. To finally be one of us."

Blanche was trembling. "Please, don't make me do this", she pleaded with a voice Snape had never heard coming from her. Her hands were shaking, gripped around her wand. Another voice curtly cut her off. "I will do it. Move."

Lorraine moved her out of the way, but Mabel stopped her. "It has to be her. We already have proof of your devotion."

Blanche looked at Lorraine with disdain, feeling her heart drop. "Do you hate Dad that much?" she whispered.

Lorraine didn't answer, she just looked annoyed and sighed. She and Mabel preceded her, entering the same room Snape had seen in the previous memory.