How They Found Out

As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.
– John Green

It was early the day after the BAU arrived in Quantico , Spencer Reid was beyond tired. He had to profile a killer that used a barbed wire to torture their victims, bludgeoned, then carved the word "lies" on their backs post-mortem. It seemed like it was someone trying to silence their victims but it turns out that the killer was referring to wedding vows. Specifically the line "till death do us part". As all of the victims were divorced.

The killer was a divorcee who was hopelessly in love with his, now, ex- wife but had to bitterly sign the papers as he felt he had to give her space, hoping they would be able to fix things, but no.

She was seeing someone new, posting it all over social media. This made the unsub angry, so he went to his garage. Grabbed what he needed, put them in a duffel bag, and went to his ex-wife's house.

The ex- wife didn't change the passwords of her home security system. So the unsub login using one of his former partner's computers she had left at his house and turned all ofthe cameras and sensors off.

The unsub hid in the house and waited for the woman to return. When she was far enough into the house, he jumped her. He ties her up in barbed wires, scourged her with more wire, then bludgeoned her to kill her. After the carving, he left.

He went on a spree, killing any divorcee he got close to, that he met online. The Unsub was a 35 year old male who grew up in a ultra religious family where marriage was not something you could just break and forget. He was arrested and awaiting sentencing.

Spencer couldn't help but think of him and his fiancé Sephie. Before the engagement, they wore promise rings. Before courtship, he had spoken to her father, mother, stepfather, Stepmother, and other members of her family for permission. After much consideration, they all said yes. He had jumped through many hoops including nonchalantly throwing her an apple in front of her whole family.

Now at present, Spencer was asleep in his pajamas with Sephie in her shorts and t-shirt, laying on his chest. They were in his apartment. Sunlight illuminated the room and bathed the couple in its golden rays.

Then there was a loud knock on the door, which caused the two love birds to stir then it got louder. They jump up and ran to the door, not caring if they had the 'just woke up' disheveled look. There stood JJ, Emily, and Garcia. They had small smiles on their faces, until they noticed Sephie.

"Reid, who's this?" Prentiss asked in shock. "Um his fiancé" Sephie hesitantly answered.

"Spence, since when have you been engaged?" JJ questioned. "2 months and a few days"he replied, scratching his neck.

Things were going to be a massive explosion when Derek, David, and Hotch find out. Then JJ's phone rang, it was Hotch.

"Where are all of you you? We have a new case." The stern man on the other line said. "At Reid's apartment. Turns out he's been hiding a secret fiancé from all of us for two months." Garcia answered as the phone was on speaker. "All of you get to the office, we'll discuss this after we catch this unsub" he ordered. Then the women and Spencer heard a wolf whistle from Morgan and a laugh from Rossi.

That was how the team found out about the engagement of Spencer Reid and Persephone Jackson...

The real lover is a man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space.
—Marilyn Monroe