New Job

One Day Later: The Kimberly Region, Western Australia

(YN's P.O.V)

I don't vacation often, but the Australian wilderness sounded like a fun place to exercise. I laid on top of my sleeping back, headphones playing lyricless jazz on a low volume. " Christ, that's high. " Rata commented as he stood at the edge of the cliff we were camping on. " It's only 30 meters. " Koen shrugged off. I closed my eyes again. I met these two Aussies while camping and they were nice enough to show me a few hiking spots. We were all ex-military so we got along fine. 

Talking with grizzled veterans of conventional fighting was always refreshing to me. We all did our part, but they wouldn't be able to do the jobs I could. Sure, I fought alongside standard soldiers a few times but I always had secret missions to accomplish. They were astonished to hear that I, a 20-year-old, already made special ops before leaving but I didn't give much details. All I said was that I saw action against Cordis Die during the Celeruim Crisis last year. 

" Still fucking high. It's fuckin beautiful though. " Rata said. " Mmm hmm. " Koen agreed and I heard him sip a beer bottle. " He okay? " Rata asked about me. I had sunglasses on so they couldn't see my eyes. This pair wasn't my service ones. " He's fine. " Koen replied for me. " You sure, bruh? I can't imagine the shit he's been through. Black ops at 20, fucking hell. " Rata said. " Me neither. You're either a skilled psycho or lied about your age when enlisting. Either way, that's illegal. " Koen speculated.

I chuckled. " I joined legally. The rest is classified my friends. " I spoke up, rattling the pair. " Shit, he's awake. " Rata slightly panicked. " I always was. " I smirked and stoop up. Legally was only a partial truth. Adler is the director of the CIA so he decides what's legal for me. " See, he's fine. " Koen said as I took off my sunglasses, headphones, and phone from my shorts. I paused my playlist and set a timer on my phone before walking to the edge and jumping. 

" Christ! " I heard Rata shout from above. I sunk to the bottom and began to meditate. The water chamber had to be the most relaxing part of my training, probably because I could treat it like a game. Breaking my record and others always brightened my day despite how hard other training got. I swam up and used one of my gauntlets to get back to the edge. " What the fuck! You were down there for fifteen minutes! " Rata shouted. 

" Fifteen, great. I'm consistent then. Not even gonna question the gauntlets and grappling hook? " I asked jokingly. Rata continued his shocked stare for another minute before sitting down for another beer. " You Americans and your gadgets. " Koen chuckled and opened the cooler, taking out a sandwich. " Bruh thinks he's Captain America, god rest his soul. You know fifteen minutes is more than most US Navy Seals? " Rata asked. I took a beer from the cooler. 

" Of course I do. Also, Cap could hold his breath for hours, and don't even get me started with being frozen for sixty-six years. " I replied and ejected a wrist blade, using it to pop the cap off. " Now he's just showing off, cheers. " Koen said. We clinked bottles and started drinking. This Aussie stuff is nice. I sat back down on my sleeping bag and got my phone. 

After turning off my timer, I accessed the dark web assassin network I used to search for or receive jobs. It's run by a group called The Assassin's Association. Clients pay fees and gain access to the world's best killers. I've been receiving more offers now that I've built up a notable reputation. Nice, I got a message a few hours ago while I hiking with these two.

[Extraction Job]

Hello HomeRun. 

-Employer

An extraction job? I don't do those often but sure I'll hear them out.

Hi, you got a job offer?