Chapter Thirty-Two

Start from the beginning

With a blink, Eijiro turned back to meet the bashful sharp-toothed grin from the guard, his hand retracting after patting his broad shoulder once.

"Geez man, I heard you betrayed everyone for her but I guess I now know why you did it." He points out with a light chuckle, nudging his worried friend.

"Is that what they're saying?" Eijiro asks, voice lowered and down yet he sport a light hue of color along his features—glancing away and avoiding eye contact.

"And what do you mean by that?" He continues and Tetsu rolls his dark eyes—using a hand to gesture up and down the soldiers toned and half naked body.

"You seriously just walked out of your guys' joined room naked and she's sporting bite marks that could put shark attacks to shame." He informs with a deadpan, recalling the shock of seeing (Y/n)'s visible neck and collar littered with the little imprints.

This caused the soldiers face to flush further—hues of crimson now dancing along his cheeks as he brought his hand up to cover his mouth while he cleared his throat in embarrassment.

"I might've gotten a little carried away." He comments, causing the guard to let out another snicker "A little?? I thought she was attacked by something else for a second there!" Tetsu quietly boasts.

And after a few seconds of the grey haired soldier laughing at his friends clearly embarrassed features, Eijiro finally perked up upon processing his friends previous words.

"Actually now that I look at you, I'm betting she was attacked by something else huh—" "Wait, wait, back to the whole thing on why you're even here— She was attacked by the league??" The redhead finally asks, his eyes widening with worry.

Tetsu had paused his laughing fit to look up at his friend, clearing his throat and nodding as the tension through the two shifted and thickened.

"Those bounty hunters are probably after you again."  He think out loud, sighing as the last of his giggles finally subsided "You need to be careful man, I tried taking down as many of your posters as possible— But to do it subtly here is hard."

"But what if they're after (Y/n)? What happened?" Kirishima's brain had been twisting with thoughts and none of them were pleasant towards his friends answer.

"That's the thing, I don't know what happened." Tetsu explains, a hint of frustration entering his vocals due to his limited knowledge.

"We were patrolling, I heard a shout from an alleyway and (Y/n) was being attacked by two people— You remember that fire mage? The one sporting blue flames was one of them." He points out.

Kirishima briefly nods with the information.

"I didn't get a good look at the other one but he let out a crazy amount of magic and I was too busy protecting (Y/n) while they escaped." The guard continues.

"..Did (Y/n) say anything on the way back?" Eijiro wonders, recrossing his arms to try and relax the tense in his shoulders as Tetsu shakes his head "I think she was still in shock for most of it and the only thing I could really get a note on was that it was the league."

The redhead glanced away in thought at that, his furrowed brows staying knit together as Tetsu watched him in silence.

"..Just, be careful man. Something's going on and everyone's on edge about it." The guard finally inquired, his gaze softening as he watched his clearly worried friend.

Glancing up and snapping out of his thoughts, Eijiro offered him a short nod in understanding "Right, thanks for the help." He replies finally.

"You should probably get inside, comfort your lover and let me know if she remembers anything more distinguishable about the encounter." Tetsu teased lightly, his sly sharp-toothed grin returning and causing the soldier to nod in agreement.

"Right," Eijiro couldn't help but smile at the title the guard had referred to (Y/n) with "It was good seeing you again man."

"—Yeah, even though you looked like you wanted to kill me half the time." The guard joked, recalling all the moments he caught the redhead glaring daggers into his skull just from talking with (Y/n).

Eijiro let out another embarrassed chuckle at that, uncrossing one of his arms to scratch the back of his head sheepishly "Sorry, sorry,"

"Next time, let's go train and catch up, okay?" Tetsu offers, reaching his hand out and the redhead immediately clasps his hand with him—little sparks flicking outwards as they both used their quirks to meet in the middle.

"Hell yeah." The both sported the same sharp-toothed grin along their features, finally bidding their goodbyes afterwards.

As the soldier goes to open the door to reenter his room—Tetsu calls out to him from a few feet away as another thought perks up in his mind "Oh, I almost forgot!" He alerts, capturing the redheads attention.

"Midoriya's squad passed through here not too long ago—said to give you a message if I see you." He brings up, causing Eijiro to pause his action and look over his shoulder to his friend in confusion.

"What is it?" The redhead questions, voice suddenly more timid towards the mention of the group.

"Meet us at Sparrows Rest." The guard repeats "They're supposed to be staying their and leaving two days from now so you're just in time." Tetsu informs, nodding towards the black roots showing with the diminishing red on Eijiro's head.

"Ah, I don't know man.." The soldiers voice trailed off as he glanced downwards "I know how Midoriya can be but after the whole stunt I pulled during the attack.."

"It's Midoriya, he's the most forgiving person on this planet." Tetsu cut in with a scoff "We both know you can trust him, if anything, he's safer than confronting that Barbarian you usually work for."

Eijiro had already pictured how Bakugo probably took the whole situation and with a slightly eased smile, he nodded towards Tetsu's words "Fair."

"Sparrows Rest, right?" He repeated, making sure he got the name right and Tetsu nods in confirmation before waving and turning to walk off again.

"Go get your hair all fixed up!"

—First Person POV.—

I had heard the ruckus through the muffled voices of the two, their conversation too muted for me to actually make out what they had been saying to warrant the fit of chuckles.

Finally, the door clicks and creaks open—alerting me that the two had finished conversing as the light from the hallway floods into the front of the room.

The wall shielding our bed away from the light keeps the shadows on me before Eijiro closes the door behind him and my eyes catch sight of his figure rounding the corner.

He pauses to look up at me, his crimson eyes catching my (e/c) one's for a moment "Your still awake?" Eij questions, watching me nod before walking around the side of the bed.

"Seems like you two are getting along well." I comment, watching as he nears before lifting the blanket up and opening my arms out for him—waiting for him to dive into my embrace like usual.

Seeing my little display, he lets out a light sigh before climbing onto the bed and shifting under the blankets with me.

—But I'm surprised when he doesn't cuddle into me, instead, my crimson haired lover sits between my legs. His hands plant against my pillow, muscular forearms caging me in.

From my slightly pinned position, I glance up at him and tilt my head in questioning "Eijiro?"

He's just staring down at me, his half-lidded gaze running along my face before fixating on my neck "Why'd you have to come back with him?" Eijiro wonders beneath his breath.

I can feel the pillow beneath me shift as he raises his hand and idly tugs at my blouses sleeve, pulling it down just enough to expose my shoulder.

"What?" I blink "No, no, he was just walking me home, I went out because I thought my quirk was working and—" I try to defend but my breath hitches as he leans down, lightly biting my shoulder.

A tension had filled the air as he pulled back—dragging his tongue along the new mark and easing the initial pain he had inflicted.

And something tells me my explanation won't be fully heard until tomorrow morning.