Chapter 58.

LISA

"Aghh!!!" I stretched my arms as they went numb from Aria's head, making it a pillow. I just woke up when the sunlight hit my face and I saw the girl's face squished by my arms.

I didn't try to wake her up, knowing it was weekend. Meaning no school, so no reason for me to wake up early. Instead, I just stroked her hair and kissed her forehead.

"Hihi—"

Is that a giggle?

I opened my eyes half-closed, squinting to see hazily a little girl laughing at the bottom of the bed.

Wait. Why would Aria be at the bottom of the bed, if she's the one I'm sleeping next to?

I scratched my eyes to see clearly, and to my surprise, it was Jennie who was peacefully sleeping in my arms.

"Shhhh." The little girl put her finger against her lips, shushing me not to make a noise.

I just glared at her, clenching my teeth, and mouthed, 'You're dead'.

"Mmmm..." Jennie groaned and moved. It seems like she's about to wake up.

In an instant, I fall back to bed, pretending to be asleep, while Aria yawns loudly, acting like she just woke up.

"Baby, are you awake?"

"I still don't feel alright, mom. Can you make me a breakfast?"

"Sure, baby." Jennie was shocked to see our position and carefully moved away from my face.

I know because I didn't completely close my eyes.

She slowly walked out of the room, and when I heard the door close, that's when I woke up to lecture Aria.

"Why did you move out of the middle?"

"You two are squishing me. And mommy seems to be more comfortable with you."

"Aishhh!!" I jolted from the bed, just imagining how we ended up in that position. But Aria easily took my mind off of it.

"Anyway, have you talked to her?"

"Not yet. And what am I supposed to tell her?"

"Uh... 'Sorry' ?"

"Didn't I already do that a lot?"

"Yes. But on the phone."

"Then what am I supposed to do? She's not even answering my calls. Remember?"

"I thought we would get her back." She retorted.

"Yes. After she explained what took her so long to show up and talk to me. She could've just yelled or cursed me if she was mad, but nothing. Not a single word. And she even ignored you."

"But Lis—"

"Are you taking her side now?"

"I'm not siding with anyone." She hissed. We're arguing as if we're the same age.

"Well, it doesn't seem like it."

"I swear. I just want you guys to get back together. Mom is here. Aren't you going to do anything? Will you just let her go again? You have a fault too, right?"

"Please... Lisa. Don't let her leave again." She added, begging me with her puppy eyes.

"Well, she has to say sorry to me first. Then I'll say sorry to her again. She's in my house. She can't boss me around this tim—"

"LISAYAAA!"

I was cut off when Jennie yelled my name from outside the room.

"Your fridge is empty! What are we supposed to eat?!?"