Chapter 15.

JENNIE

"How are you feeling?" she asked.

"Better."

"I'll wait here. Just call me if you need anything else." she's leaning on my car that is now outside our mansion.

"How about you come with me?"

"Are you sure?"

I nodded. "You're my secretary anyway, I need you on my side."

I'm also afraid that Lisa might be the point of the threat. She has been followed at her house because of me and now, someone just sent me a bloody wedding ring. That person must've known that I was married.

It's supposed to be a secret in the family as I never talked about my marriage that happened in another country. I even changed my name a few months after I came back home in Korea.

I already lost my wife and I can't lose Lisa now.

"Wow!!! You lived here?" Lisa is amused looking inside the mansion.

"I do. I'm just using my penthouse for a while."

"Is Director Irene also lives here? Do you still see each other when you're here? How do you clean this? Can I just be your maid? I won't complain cleaning this house— I'm mean, this mansion. Your bathroom is even bigger than my whole apartment. I won't mind sleeping in there." I just giggled on her amusements.

"Lisa."

"Hmmm."

"This is my mom." I called her pointing at my mother. She's here since we came but she's distracted and didn't notice my mom.

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Bae-Kim. The rumors are true. You really are gorgeous in person. A supermodel indeed." she bowed extending her arms but my mother gave her a hug instead.

"Oh! Thank you. You're so adorable. Come here."

"Ohh!" she was surprised when mom started to squeezed her tight.

"Mom, let her breath." I pulled my mother before she could crush her.

"Mom, this is Lisa. My secretary." How I wish I can introduce her more than just a secretary.

"You look different, sweetheart. Where are you from?" mom asked my secretary.

"Thailand, ma'am."

"She's from Thailand too?" then mom looked at me creasing her forehead.

"Let's eat now mom. We're starving." I said instead.

"Okay. Come join us Lisa. It's not yet late for a lunch." mom stole Lisa from me and pulled her at the dining area.

:

:

Meanwhile in the cafetria....

"Do you guys noticed something weird lately?" Chaeng was staring blankly while munching her food.

"Yes. You're avoiding Kim Jisoo despite having a crush on her for years." Wendy replied.

"Well, I don't believe that she really wants to go out with me." the blonde shook head. "But it's not what I meant. Have you guys noticed our grumpy boss and Lisa?"

"I was thinking the same." Seulgi nodded aggreeing on the latter.

"I don't get it. What's wrong with them?" Jeongyeon stopped munching and looked at them confusingly.

"When we were at the restaurant, Lisa became a bit touchy. Scratch that. Way more touchy to our boss. The chairman just accidentally ate a spicy food but Lisa acted like she's about to gave birth." Chaeng explained.