𝐯𝐢𝐢: 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝘂𝗻𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗱 b̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶s̶ 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗰𝗵𝗲𝘀 :𝟕

Start from the beginning

Annika knew the y would most likely be using the cages they had been using recently. Now, they weren't any standard cages; no, they were cages that restricted the use of magic inside the cells. However, Annika knew these cages had a particular glitch.

Luckily for her, telling the wild witches about this glitch would be easy, that is, if she didn't get caught in the act. In other words, timing was key.

─── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───

The brunette could feel dread and regret the moment they had entered Bonesborough, but Annika knew she had to wear an unfazed look if she wanted suspicion to drift away from her.

When the rotting buildings of Bonesborough surrounded them, Annika took out the list of all the townsfolk who had reported about the wild witches who wandered the town.

"Francis Marini, Yissi Spoka, and Julia Dickens are the closest addresses to our current location. They had reported wild witches more than once." Annika stated and started to walk over to the closest address on the list.

The coven scouts followed after her, and the small red demon followed with her head hung low as a sign of respect.

When they had reached a small but comfy-looking house, one of the coven scouts walked in front of Annika to knock on the door for her.

The teen girl could hear mumbling behind the door before it opened to reveal a tanned witch with red pixie-cut hair.

When they saw Annika, their annoyed expression changed to a startled one which quickly switched to a respectful one. "Your Highness," they paused. "Is there something I can help you with?"

"Where are they?!" A tall coven scout yelled.

The red-haired witch scrunched her brows. "Who?"

"The-" The tall coven scout started but was cut off by Annika's cold stare.

The teen girl looked at the redhead with an apologetic look. "Excuse her. What she meant was we saw your reports of wild witches in the area."

"Ah, yes. Are you here to get rid of them?" The redhead asked with hope in their eyes.

"Indeed we are." The brunette confirmed with a forced grin.

"Oh, how rude of me." The redhead opened the door wider with an inviting smile. "Come in."

"Oh, no, thank you." Annika politely declined. "We're just here to collect the whereabouts of all the wild witches in Bonesborough."

When the redhead heard this, they gladly pointed and told them all the wild witches they knew about, and when all of that was said and done, Annika bid the witch goodbye and left to visit the next witch on their list with the red demon and coven scouts behind her.

The list may have had a few people on it, but all the witches they turned to had given away many wild witches in their areas.

Annika might've been able to lie to all the witches she had spoken to that she was happy to help her people, but if anyone bothered to pay close attention, you could catch the grief in the girl's eyes every time she heard another wild witch being snitched on.

─── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───

Some wild witches were forced into the cell that stood in the Grim Forest after they were tackled down; some were politely asked to enter, and when they refused, the coven scouts cast a stunning spell, but it all depended on the group of coven scouts for Annika to see which way they handled the wild witches.