Twenty Five

Ella

For a glimpse of time I don't know whom should I trust? As for me—I trusted Vincenzo blindly but the question is: do I still trust him?

I pace back and forth in my room. I am sweating, my head is pounding and I don't know what to do. What if Vincenzo turns out being my mother's murderer?

And what if Anneliese kills me after using me against Vincenzo?

I fist my knuckles on the door and end up kneeling on the floor.

"I will get myself killed in this mafia crime family."

Tears brim into my eyes and somewhere there’s a little rage in it too.

"Where have you gotten me in Vincenzo?" I shout in my bedroom knowing there's literally nobody who will show up and comfort me. This is how abandoned I have been lately.

Pulling myself together I get up and grab my phone, I message Liza.

-I hope you are doing well. Take care.

Anneliese had hit her and she is bearing a pain which wasn't meant to be for her. I sent Liza flowers with an apology this morning. I feel bad for her.

I rush for a shower then get dressed and head to the hospital in order to meet Vincenzo. When I got to the hospital I found out that he had been discharged and I don't even know where he is living these days.
~~~
As usual at night I drive to the club, I am ready for another hectic night at work. As I get at Tremors Night, I head to my office. There is a replacement for Roger as he is in sick leave and Mike is here. Liza will not be here today—so I don't have any assistant.

I put my fingerprint on the scanner and my door opens. My jaw drops when I see a bunch of flowers on my desk. It's pink and white roses. Gazing around the room I don't spot anyone. I was about to go outside and ask Mike who brought those but then I felt someone's arms around me. I gasp and my handbag fell down.

My heart picks a rate.

"Missed me?" Vincenzo whispers in my ear before biting my earlobe.

I giggle, "Yes." I respond.

"Sorry for leaving you alone all these days." He says while still hugging me from behind. "You had to bear a lot of things because of me." He places a kiss on my neck.

"How are you doing?" I ask him.

He loosens his arm from me and I turn around to look at him. He is wearing black suit with black shirt and his hair is slicked back. His beards are well trimmed making him look ten times more good looking. His eyes are darting at me. He has that dangerous kind of slight smile on his lips.

"Alive." He says.

"Where were you?" I ask him.

He brings his index do my lips, "Shhh. No questions." I step back until I hit my desk. He puts a strand of my hair behind my ear and leans closer then capture my lips with his. Everything goes blank as I kiss him, it's like I want this forever. Vincenzo pulls me close to him while deepening our kiss. He rests his forehead on mine and we are both panting.

I watch as he picks one rose from the table and break the stem then he puts it on my hair. He smirks while looking at me. "There wasn't a single day where I didn't thought about you." He explains while admiring me.
My cheeks grows hot, why is he being sweet? Vincenzo wasn't this guy.

"Why did you brought so much flowers?" I question him.

"So that you'd know how much I've missed you for fifty days."

"You did?" My eyes meet his.

"Of course I did."

"Why are you being romantic?" I half smile.
He remains quiet for a while. "I am not rude all the time. Sometimes I can be romantic too." I whispers seductively while leaning close to me. I put my palm on his chest and stop it.

"Don't do this." I utter and he gazes at me with his brows drawing together. "You'd leave again and I will have feelings for you which will kill me in your absence."

"Don't tell me what to do!" His voice is cold.

"Yes, but I can't control how I feel. It gets hard to handle each day without you. I abhor your absence Vincenzo so, don't bring me close to you."

"I purchased you." He says through gritted teeth, "and supposedly I can do whatever I want with you."

He sighs and glares at me, "but if it makes you happy then fine! I will disappear from your life." He snaps through gritted teeth and walks away from the office.

A slight of tears fall from my eyes, "what did I do?" I mutter to myself and collapse on the floor. "He is furious and he is stubborn. So that's mean he will not meet me again..."

I should've remain quiet. Now what?