9

Fun apparently meant getting straight to the middle of the 'dance floor' (Bebe's living room) and going wild. Song after song after song everyone still seemed to have the same level of energy they had at the beginning. Kyle was exhausted already, but maybe that was because he was one of the few people there not under any type of influence. He made sure he was keeping an eye on Stan especially when he was near the punch bowl and coolers. Kyle was well aware of the alcoholism that ran in the Marsh family and had seen Stan drunk off his ass many times. He wasn't gonna cut Stan off from drinks completely. He was simply monitoring to make sure he didn't have too much.

"Dude take this." A voice from beside the ginger slurred. A red solo cup with a reddish-orangish liquid in it was thrusted into his hands by none other than Kenny McCormick.

"I'm good." Kyle attempted to decline, but was cut off by a finger over his mouth shushing him.

"Loosen up." The blond said before flouncing back off to some other group of teenagers clustered around a table taking shots. Kyle sighed and eyed the drink warily.

"Oh fuck it." He muttered to himself and took a large swig, nearly downing half the cup in one go. It was very sweet and fruity and carbonated but had that disgustingly bitter tinge of what Kyle assumed was some form of vodka. During his exchange with Kenny he'd somehow managed to lose Stan. Before he could begin to try and search for him a loud, shrill scream came from the stairway. All eyes turned to find source of the noise.

Bebe was glaring daggers into Craig who'd just spilled the entire contents of his drink onto her dress. Craig had his typical look of pure apathy as he apologized to the fuming blonde.

"You asshole! You did that on purpose!" Bebe yelled. Craig simply shook his head.

"What reason would I have to spill a perfectly good drink that I was in the middle of drinking on you?" Craig replied cooly. Bebe let out yell of frustration and stormed upstairs. Everyone went back to their dancing for the most part, so most people missed Kenny walking by Craig and slipping him a 20. Most people except Kyle. Kenny shot Kyle a mischievous wink and continued walking as though nothing happened. Craig pocketed the bill and walked to the table to refill his cup. Suddenly a hand grasped Kyle's arm and he turned quickly, relieved to see his best friend.

"Dude don't run off like that! I was freaking out." Kyle said with a playful punch to Stan's arm.

"M'bad dude." Stan said with a goofy smile. After an uncomfortably long pause he continued. "Can you tell?"

"Tell what?"

"I'm high as shit dude." Stan snickered and widened his eyes, showing the now obvious red hue of his sclera. Kyle sighed and shook his head.

"Naturally. Kenny I'm assuming?"

"Nah dude." Stan shook his head seriously. "Tweek brought it."

"Tweek? But he-" Kyle face palmed, remembering the bag he'd seen the blond carrying earlier. "Oh duh. Do we need to leave?" Stan's eyes were going slightly out of focus every now and then. Kyle kept a firm grip on his forearms and waited for an answer.

"Dude I'm trippin." Stan whispered as he stared at the lights flashing on the ceiling, leaving Kyle's question unanswered. Kyle didn't wanna drag Stan from the party no matter how badly he wanted to leave. He thought for a moment before gently tugging him towards the stairs.

"Let's go hang in the guest room for a minute."

Stan nodded in agreement, not really hearing what Kyle said and followed him up the stairs into the guest room. This scenario had unfortunately happened more than once. Stan would get drunk or high and Kyle would sit with him in the guest room until he was okay. There were many parties Kyle did not attend that resulted in Stan spending the night at Kyle's after accidentally telling someone the wrong address to drop him off at. Kyle got Stan situated on the bed and sat on the opposite end. The two sat in silence for a minute, Stan watching the wall and Kyle watching Stan.