6

BZZ BZZ BZZ BZZ BZZ BZZ BZZ-

Kyle rubbed the sleep from his eyes and grabbed his buzzing phone from his nightstand. His tired brain snapped awake when he saw he had six missed calls (not counting the one currently ringing through) and two missed text messages. Five of those calls and one text were from his mother and the remaining call and text from his best friend.

Fuck what time is it??

Stan was the current caller. Kyle's thumb fumbled for the answer button.

"Hello?" He asked stifling a yawn.

"Oh shit did you just wake up?"

"Mhm. Trouble sleeping. What's up?" As he spoke he was reading through the texts his mother had sent him. They were just informing him that she and Ike were out for some errands and his dad was at work. A few texts reminding him to study and a few texts telling him to call her back. He completely missed what Stan had been saying.

"Kyle?"

"Shit sorry- could you repeat that?"

"My mom told me to ask what time I should head over there. I had something else to ask but I'm completely blanking right now."

"Oh um" Kyle looked at the clock, silently cursing himself when seeing it was already half past noon. "You can come over sometime after 1."

"Okay sick. Shelly is making me help her set up decorations at the house so I'll probably be there around 3ish. Sound cool?"

"The coolest."

"Awesome see you later."

"See you later!" The line clicked and Kyle quickly called his mom. It was anything but a pleasant conversation, but nothing compared to how it could've gone. Once Kyle had brushed his teeth and commenced in some basic hygiene he tidied up his room and made his way downstairs to double check all of his homework. He had more than plenty of time to kill before Stan arrived.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"I can't wait for Shelly to move out." Stan sighed and dropped down onto Kyle's bed. It was roughly 7:00. He'd been at the Broflovski residence for several hours. "She's the singular most picky and rude and controlling person I've ever met."

"Have you not met my mom?" Kyle joked and took a seat next to him. He laughed silently as Stan buried his head into a pillow. "Hey she'll be gone soon enough. Only a few more months until summer and then she's gone." He said reassuringly.

"I can't wait." Stan muffled voice groaned. He then quickly sat up. "Dude I still can't believe what Bebe was saying about Butters yesterday."

"Me neither! I had no clue she was homophobic."

"I'm surprised Clyde is so into her. He's a huge ally."

Kyle rolled his eyes. "I know right. I honestly think Bebe is using him to get more popular. I feel kinda bad for the guy."

"I feel bad for Wendy of all people. She looked horrified on the bus yesterday." Kyle nodded in agreement and Stan continued. "I don't get what Bebe's problem is. There's nothing wrong with being gay."

"Seriously. There's more gay people at that school than I think she realizes."

"For real!" Stan was scanning Kyle's face for something. He wasn't sure what it was since he'd already agreed with him.

"BUBBI DINNER IS READY." Shelia's voice called from downstairs.

"THANK YOU MOM WE'LL BE RIGHT THERE." Kyle called back. He turned to Stan and lowered his voice. "Hey just a heads up she's on some weird health food kick right now. Like a weird health food kick." Kyle warned.