Max

I just looked away, knowing that I had probably flabbergasted Zee with my sentence.

But I really couldn't help it. I think my jealousy just got the better of me and it triumphed in this case. I clearly knew they weren't dating and yet here I was, letting my jealousy get the better of me.

I wanted to walk into my house quickly but Zee grabbed onto my wrist tightly and didn't let go.

"What was that about?"

"I'm sorry. I think I am jsut being very silly. I.. look I am going to go in first. I see you tomorrow."

"Max! Stop it! Look at me now. What was that about? You know how I see Nunew. Why would you even think that?!"

"I said I'm sorry ok! I just.. you are always so sweet to him. Always looking after him, being there for him. Doing all that peeling of crab, shrimp and fish nonsense. Why does he need to update you on where he goes! So I don't get it. Maybe you guys are really dating. Maybe. The Kuea Lian love story is real."

There was absolute silence for a while. My face was definitely red from all of the shouting I just did. Zee just watched me quietly the entire time, not saying anything. He just let go of my wrist.

"Of all people. You know how I see Nunew. He's a Nong to me. Someone I see as a colleague and friend. If you are feeling disturbed by the friendship, tell me. I can cut down on it. Why do you..."

"It's not about being friends! I just worry you like him. What if you love him?!"

"And that bothers you why?!"

"God damn it. It will. Especially if I love you. Asshole. I love you so much it hurts. It hurts to see you being sweet to someone. It hurts knowing I cannot ask anything of you or do anything for you because that is not right of our friendship. It hurts especially when I realise how much I love you and you only see me as a friend. Damn it, I want to be Nunew. Do you know how desperately I want to be in his shoes?!"

I blew out a frustrated cry and just turned around, going into my house. I slammed the door and just sat on the couch, burying my head in my hands. A little while later, I heard my front door open. Zee had a set of my keys too so I knew instantly it was him. I felt him kneel down in front of me.

Zee lifted my face up to look at him. My eyes were red rimmed and cheeks streaky and flushed because of my tears. Zee wiped my tears away slowly. He just cradled my face and leaned forward, his forehead touching mine. I closed my eyes for a bit, just soaking in the moment knowing its definitely the last one. Just then, I felt Zee's lips on mine. I opened my eyes in surprise and gasped softly. The gasp allowed Zee to deepen the kiss and I felt him slid his tongue in. I wanted to pull away but Zee held on skillfully and manipulated the situation completely to his advantage and I found myself surrendering to his kiss.

Zee sucked onto my lips one final time and let go. He caressed my lips slowly and kissed it again quickly 1 more time. He hugged me tightly, not letting me go.

"Have you ever seen me behave this way towards Nunew for any reason or even be with him alone other than for filming?"

I held onto Zee, shaking my head no. To be fair, Zee has never hung out with Nunew privately now that I think about it. It has always been with me and Nat too.

"I work. Other than work, the only other person I am always with is you. The only person I have ever kissed privately is you. The only person whose hands I desire to hold daily is yours and yet I can't because we are friends so I content with being as near to you as possible. I hug you as much as I can because it's the only friendly gesture I can use to get away with. And you wonder if I'm dating Nunew? Will it kill you to perhaps consider the possibility that I love you instead?"

I pulled away from Zee, looking at him. His own eyes were full of tears now.

"Never scream ever again at me okays? I really really cannot take it especially if its from you."

I held onto Zee tightly, very apologetic about my outburst earlier.

"Did you just say you love me too?"

"Idiot. I really should consider my life options again."

I laughed, burrowing my head onto Zee's shoulders. He patted my head gently, murmuring if we were okays. I nodded and then pulled away to look at him.

He smiled at me and just kissed my nose in reciprocation. Zee finally got tired and just sat down on the floor. I laughed as I knelt down and sat next to him, laying my head on his lap. Zee just ruffled my hair as he looked at me. I closed my eyes in bliss and fatigue from the events of today.

Just then the phone rang. I opened my eyes and looked at Zee who looked at me apologetically as the caller I'd showed Nunew. I sighed. This kid. This kid is always going to stir my jealousy even if he wasn't aware.

I knew it wasn't fair to him but heck, I really hated sharing Zee. Ugh I rolled my eyes as Zee answered the call with an apologetic smile sent my way.