Chapter Thirty Five

[Autumn's Circumstances] 

KAI'S POV

I thought being a sociopath gave me a one-way ticket not to feel the way I do right now, but here I am, suffering a great ordeal. Autumn had to get under my skin and invade all space in my tiny heart just to watch me suffer. Man, feelings suck.

"What time is it?" I asked, my back facing the clock while I played with the bracelet on my wrist.

"Only three minutes have passed," Joel muttered. 

Turning to face him, his eyes were glued to his shoes, out of it. "Isn't three minutes too long?"

Jo sat up in her chair. "A patient can survive at least four minutes dead before severe brain damage can occur." She points out, making me groan. That's just great.

After my little breakdown, I collected myself and sat in the waiting room with the rest of the bunch, waiting for what could potentially be good or bad news. Honestly, the longest three minutes of my life.

"A witch is never really dead," I whisper to make myself feel better in case the worse happens.

Jo opened her mouth to say something when the doctor approached us, looking at all of us. "Are you all related to Miss Finch?"

"She goes by Solar." I corrected and stood up. "They aren't, but I'm her boyfriend, which counts for something." I smiled at him, hoping he would tell me the verdict, and if not, I have other ways to get him talking.

The doctor stared into my eyes and pulled his face mask down, "Very well. Miss Solar suffered extreme physical trauma to her body." He looked at his paper. "She suffered internal bleeding in her chest cavity." He points to his chest to demonstrate. "Therefore, her body went through a state of shock, causing her to have a heart attack." My jaw clenched at his words, but I kept my cool. "But she is stable."

We all exhale in relief, smiling from ear to ear with the great news. "Thanks, Doc," I say, putting my hand out, which he took and shook. "So when can I see her?"

Letting go of my hand, he signed a paper. "One visitor for now is acceptable." He sent us a smile and walked off.

My twin squeals loudly and throws her arms over my body out of the blue, causing my muscles to tense up. Looking down at her, I jerked her off.  "Let go."

She pulls away with a huff, "Come on! Why aren't you jumping up and down? Aren't you happy?"

I arched a brow, "Of course I am. I'm stoked! Just don't want to celebrate with you and rather with my girlfriend." I clear up with a grin and turn to walk away when she stops me.

"Hmm, we all get a turn, right?"

"Maybe."

Joel claps his hands together. "I'm starving, are you?" He pulls Jo to him. "We should grab a bite at the caff." My sister thought about it and nods. "Fine, but I'm next in line to see her." She said to Joel, who dragged her away.