Chapter Nineteen

[The Crossover Mission]

AUTUMN'S POV

'Why does the darkness attract itself to the good? As the good cannot help but fall into its traps, letting it consume every ounce of them. The good creates a shield of protection for the bad, allowing them to thrive in their actions without batting an eye. The good makes an ethical reasoning to the bad's actions to clear their name. Is that what love does? When in love...does one not see the bad?'

It's been a few days since I rescued Jo and got the full story, but I still needed some time to process what Kai admitted to me, and thankfully he understood. He's still my best friend, and my feelings for him haven't changed, but so much has happened in the little time we've put an effort to become something more than just friends. Although with my luck? Something always gets in the way of that.

Now I stand inside the headquarters, waiting for Joshua to call us Gemini's in for a meeting with Dean attached to my hip, of course. Don't forget that I'm not allowed in this coven without his supervision.

According to my biological father.

I rolled my eyes at the thought before turning to Dean, who was flirting with Annabelle, which made me scrunch my nose in disgust. She was all in for it, not to my surprise, and before I looked away, Annabelle's eyes locked with my own. The girl gave me a taunting look before walking away from my brother once the double doors swung open, allowing us to scatter in.

Eh, she pisses me off. I thought as I watched Gemini's fill in the room, but I continued to stand outside the doors. My eyes scanned the halls, waiting for Jo to come running down the hall yelling, 'sorry I'm late' but no.

She was nowhere in sight, and neither was Kai, but that didn't surprise me. He wasn't allowed in the meetings. I sighed in frustration, and the feeling of someone grabbing my arm caught my attention.

"Come on, let's go inside. It's creepy being in there alone with Gemini's staring you down." Dean mutters with discomfort. My brother disliked babysitting me in this coven and has gotten himself into trouble here because he lacks respect. My brother has laughed, huffed, made comments, and pissed Gemini's off.

Luckily for him? He can't be touched, but I honestly wanted someone to knock him to the floor.

Shaking his grasp, I made my way into the room and looked around for a seat, and that's when I spotted Joel. A smile spreads across my lips as the seat next to him was free, but before I could make my way over to him, Dean stopped me.

"Where are you going?" Dean questions.

"There's a seat up there, and I'm taking it." I said like it was obvious.

"So, you're leaving your big brother all alone?" My brother said in disbelief.

"Yup." I gleam.

"You're cruel." He gave me a dirty look.