Forty Two

~Young Royals is just bae!~

~happy reading!~

••

BROOKLYN

I couldn't believe my eyes.

Little Miss Ehrencrona and Sara Eriksson, hugging as though they were the very best of friends.

Hugging, for Christ's sake!

Confused, I peered into my half empty cup, wondering just how much I'd drunk tonight and how much alcohol had to be taken for it to fucking mess with the, my brain.

Because, clearly, I was imagining things. Oh so clearly. In 4k quality.

Or better yet, I'd somehow gotten lost on my way and by some dark magic or cruel fate I was yet to understand, I'd ended up in a uniquely fucked up alternate reality.

That could be the only the explanation.

I mean, weren't they supposed to be fucking enemies or something?

Well, maybe not Sara but I did hear Felice say she never wanted to see the other again one time. And after Madison had fully explained, in details, the whole pre-Brooklyn drama, I'd naturally assumed, just like everyone else -or half of them, at least- that it was the end of their friendship.

Although, I did see Sara try to talk to her quite the number of times. But that was before she help put August behind bars for good.

And once again, I'd assumed she'd given up trying.

I was wrong. Obviously.

Seeing as Xavier, the main reason I'd ventured out into the night, wasn't present, I decided to take my leave. Carefully, I tiptoed out of the stable.

Well, tried to.

In the sense that, the second I'd turned around, ready to scamper out of here, I stepped on a fucking twig that snapped on impact a little too loudly to go unnoticed, much to my dismay.

A twig that, I can literally swear on a Bible, hadn't been there before.

"Lyn?" Sara questioned, confusion ringing in her voice. I froze, wondering yet again who the fuck I'd offended in any of my past lives when I felt their gazes fix on me and nothing but me.

"Uh, what are you doing here?"

Karma, I remembered. Karma.

With a defeated sigh, I plastered an awkward smile on my face and slowly turned around. "Hi," I said with a little wave. They only stared, with wary watchful eyes that only made me want to fucking disappear into the ground below.

God, it couldn't get anymore awkward in here.

I tugged at the neckline of my top. "Uh, I just came in here to check on Xavier. I don't know, I think someone said he quit or so-"

"He did," Sara replied, "About a week ago."

"Oh."

That information took me by surprise. A lot. I couldn't even begin to process it.

Not when Felice looked at me like I was the devil himself, pure innocent Sara looked at us both with confusion in her eyes and the tension in here was so thick you could fucking cut it with a knife.