Thirty Six

Wrote this listening to Easy On Me by Adele (I think it suits Kristina atm), Devil Doesn't Bargain by Alec Benjamin and Human by Christina Perri.

~happy reading!~

••

"It's a simple question, mom. Did you or did you not kill my brother?"

"And did you or did you not kill my parents?" I added.

{°•°}

She sighed, tears welling up in her eyes. "I did."

"Jesus."

That was from Wilhelm, his voice low and thick with emotion as he paced the room, fingers pinching the bridge of his nose.

As I watched him, I wondered if he was finding this difficult to swallow, to stomach. Like I was.

Because hearing Kristina say those two little but heavy words, hearing her confirm with her very own mouth had me gasping for air and my eyes brimming with tears. I felt strangled. Trapped.

With no way out of this fucking fucked up reality of mine.

Venom laced on my tongue for one person and one person alone, I locked eyes with her and said, "Start talking."

~†~

SOMETIME IN LATE 2004

Seated in a secluded spot in a bar right outside of town with a drink in his warn hands, Edward Persson decided he had never been more right in his entire life.

Though it had taken him months to put two and two together, he was damned sure the little boy his lovely Kris had given birth to was of his own loins.

He just needed her to confirm it.

It was at that very moment, with dark shades and a scarf that covered almost half of her face as well as her visible disdain, she chose to walk in.  She being the Queen of Sweden. And the love of his life.

They both smiled when their eyes met. He would never get over the way his heart seemed to race just seeing her. And she, the fluttery feelings in her stomach.

"What is it with you and meeting in dirty lowdown bars?" she said the second she sat down across him. This one, the thirteenth one, was by far the worst of all and yes, she'd been counting.

"Well," he placed his hands on the table and leaned in, a sly smile etched across his features, "are you the queen or are you not the queen?"

Panicking slightly, her eyes went wide and wary as she checked to see if anyone had heard. His smile grew. He'd never get tired of that. "I missed you."

She pulled down at her scarf to let him see her smile as well. "I missed you too. Wife and kid?"

"Alive and kicking. Little Lyn just started walking. You really need to see her go."

Edward had never been more prouder of his daughter and her growth. And any opportunity he had, he would talk about it with anyone or anything.

Including his lover.

He took a sip of his drink, not missing the way her fists had slightly clenched and unclenched. "You? How's the," he mouthed the word 'royal', "family?"

"Oh you know, same old, same old. Wilhelm worries me though. But it's all good," she beamed a bright smile, "Nothing that can't be fixed. Although," she ran a finger over his hand, "I'm getting the feeling talking about our family life wasn't quite what you called me here for."