~10~

It was easy to feel nothing. No regrets and no emotional attachments.

That was easy.

To Alex, he lived a life of no worries. He never once turned off his humanity because it was just easier to ignore the things that could cause his stress and keep living.

But now, he felt like turning it off might be much better.

Currently, he was back in his own bed. The night before was an embarrassing memory he had to compel the Donavan to forget before he took off.

He wasn't going to let the one person who would get to see him cry, be a human. Absolutely not.

But for now, being wrapped up in his plump sheets was actually really nice. It boded well for his mental state.

However, Alexander was coming to the conclusion that it was about time he and Damon left town.

Damon was getting out of line and the boy needed to have an eye on the Eldest at all times. The man blatantly disregarded him just so he could try and bring Katherine back... and while he probably wouldn't have had an issue with it if he was involved with the planning, Katherine wasn't a concern for the boy.

She was gonna be fine.

Would Matt be hurt once he told him he was leaving? Would it break his already damaged soul?

In a way, Alex hoped so.

He hoped his departure put the male in agony. It would be nice to know someone cared that he was gone.

Or maybe he just wanted someone to want him so bad, it put them in pain to see him go...maybe.

It had been a few days after the events that almost killed Bonnie.

He contemplated if he should even get up for his "second" day at Mystic Falls High. He and Damon were just going to leave anyway so what was the point?

Then an image of Matt's face appeared in his mind again.

Today would be their last day together.

Should he just kill him already? Before everything gets ripped from underneath that poor man's feet.

Alex made a face to himself as he thought about this.

Why was he trying so hard to hurt this boy when all he's ever been was kind.

Maybe it was because of that night and the events that followed.

He didn't like feeling so vulnerable, nore allowing someone else to see his hurt. Why was he the only one allowed to suffer?

But that wasn't fare to Matt.

Then again, it's not in Alex's nature to be nice either so, where to go?

This would be his messiest breakup yet.