~05~

When Alex woke up, he was somehow back in his bedroom. He felt completely drained and could barely turn his head to see his surroundings.

He groaned as he tried to sit up. Looking down at his disheveled appearance, he could tell that it had been a few days since he'd been put here or been fed. He was paler than usual, and his clothes felt looser.

Alexander also noticed this; his clothes had been changed while he was out. No doubt Stefan's doing.

"Stefan..." Everything rushed back to him at that moment. What had happened for him to end up here in the first place?

His blood boiled, or what was left of it. Anger quickly took over, and he launched himself out of bed, but he didn't make it far.

Alex hit the ground before he could reach the door as he was still too weak.

He winced at the pain from hitting the ground so hard. Trying again to go for the door but he could barely see straight and ran into the wall.

Downstairs, Stefan had just come up from checking on Damon's status when both he and Zach heard the commotion coming from upstairs. The two looked at each other before Stefan was quickly rushing up.

Zach followed behind but stayed at a distance, knowing how irritated the teen would be, there was no way he would be safe if he got close.

Stefan stopped right outside Alexander's door, quietly listening as the boy groaned in pain from the other side.

He turned the nob and opened the door, first thing he noticed was his brother curled up into a ball in the center of the room.

He felt almost sympathy for the boy, but then he remembered who he was dealing with.

The room looked a mess. Books were knocked out of the bookcase, the bed sheets were thrown around, and Alex himself looked a mess.

Stephan walked into the room and next to the boy.

He grabbed his brother by the bicep of his arm and dragged him back to his bed, laying the kid down and fixing his covers as if the boy was just sick.

And in Stefan's eyes, he was. So, he saw it as his job to cure his younger brother and make him better. Whether he liked it or not.

"You're going to hurt yourself." Stefan scolded, sitting next to the resting teen.

Alexander's curly hair looked as if it lost its shine, becoming dark and unkept, his eyes were sunken in, and Stefan could tell the boy was deteriorating faster than their elder brother.

"Damn you, Stefan..." Alex cursed, his voice sounding very horse. He tried glaring but the headache he had only got worse, so he groaned and rolled over onto his side, away from Stefan.

"This could all stop..." Stefan cooed, "Just stop feeding on humans, and let go of this petty grudge. It could all be over."

Feeding? Damn, he had almost forgotten! This was going to ruin everything with Matt!