~01~

{REVISED}

Rushing into the boarding house, Stefan stopped in his tracks as he came face to face with Zack, his distant descendant.

"What's going on?" The man asked after seeing how frazzled his uncle Looked.

"Someone else was attack tonight, and it wasn't me." Stefan rushed out as he sped up the stairs to his room.

Zack just watched after him, disbelief evident on his face.

Stefan stepped into his room and closed the door. He felt uneasy, as if something was...off.

Everything that happened at the bonfire had him on edge. Like, what were the odds an attack would happen in the same place he just so happened to be?

Things just weren't adding up. The only time anything like this had ever happen was...

He turned to his balcony.

Had he left his doors open the entire night?

A crow flew in at that exact moment and perched on one of the roofing beams. It cawed at the vampire and stared at him.

At the same time Stefan felt as if he was being watched. Unfortunately, it was a feeling he recognized.

He turned to the source and wished he was wrong.

"Damon."

"Hello, brother~." The elder vampire smirked.

"She took my breath away...Elena." Damon said as he walked around Stefans room, touching whatever he can get his hands on, "She's a dead ringer for Katherine."

"Is it working, Stefan? Being around her, being part of her world," he antagonized. "Does it Make you feel alive?"

"She's not Katherine."

"Well, let's hope not. We both know how that ended." The older came to a stop in front of the him.

Stefan knew it was only a matter of time before they found him, but why now? Why when he was just making things right with Elena?

"Tell me something, when was the last time you had something stronger than a squirrel?" Damon mocked.

"I know what you're trying to do, Damon. It's not going to work." Stefan shook his head and walked away from his brother. "Why don't you go ahead and tell me where your other half is? hmm?"

Stefan started looking around the room, in any areas that seemed way too small for any normal person to fit. Of course, no one was there but then again it was only to mock Damon anyway. "He never goes anywhere without his lap dog after all."