Chapter 33 - Family

Taylor's p.o.v

"Who?" The nurse asked me.

"They want to keep it a secret. And I intend to keep it that way until I know for sure." I responded.

Oh please, I know exactly who it is. But who does this nurse think she is? Asking me who did it and trying to figure it out. It's as if she knew something...

"Well, Brielle should be awake soon," she responded before turning on her heel and walking away.

I walked over to Brielle's room and say down in a chair next to her. I stared out her for a while. She looked so peaceful.

About an hour or so later, she began to shift around in her bed a bit. Soon after, she opened her eyes.

We made eye contact, and at the same time we said:

"I know who did it."

Shawn's p.o.v

I walked out of Matt's room and sat back down with the others.

"How is he?" Nash asked, looking at me with hope.

"I don't know, man. He doesn't look too good, that's for sure. Everything else seems pretty normal, though." I shrugged.

Nash slumped back in his chair, slightly disappointed by the news.

"Do you think he'll wake up soon?" Johnson asked.

I shook my head.

"I don't know, Jack."

Nobody else said a word.

I sighed and checked my phone. It was blowing up with tweet notifications. There were three hashtags trending:
#GetWellSoonMatt
#WeMissYouBrielle

And my personal favorite:

#Shanelle

I clicked on the hashtag and looked at the photos that were tagged in it. There were so many pictures of Brielle and I. Some were from restaurants, some were from the hotel, and some were from our date.

I miss her...

Matt's p.o.v

They care.

Shawn cares.

I'm not alone, and that's what really matters. I'm okay. Everything is going to be okay. I tried to stand up, but a bunch of wires were keeping me stuck in my bed.

I groaned in annoyance,"Seriously?!"

There was a small red button on the side of my bed to signify a nurse to come and help me. I pressed it and waited.

A nurse came rushing in.

"Mr. Espinosa! You're awake! How're you feeling?" She asked.

Ugh, she's so peppy. Like...a soccer mom or something.

"Um, good. Can I see my friends, please?" I asked.

"Sure!"

She stepped outside for a moment, closing the door behind her.

The door burst open seconds later, and everyone came rushing in.

"MATT!" They all yelled.

Some were crying, and some were just smiling because I was awake.

And that's when I finally realized it.

We're a family, and nobody is going to take that way from us. We're always going to be there for each other, and that's a promise.