Chapter 20 ~ Heart Break

Brielle's p.o.v
*Flashback*
And then I spiraled into a black whirlpool of nothingness. And then, a white light.
*End of Flashback*

It was quiet. Not a deadly silence, though. It was...peaceful, I guess. No noises, no beeping of machines. No screams and sobs from those who had lost a family member. I couldn't hear my brother or Shawn, I couldn't hear Matt apologizing over and over again. I was in my own little world where nothing could bother me. And I liked it.

I was dressed in a white, lace dress, and I felt beautiful. Maybe it's because I'm pure now. Maybe it's because I'm not in the dirt and hatred and torture of the world that I used to live in. The world that the people I love are stuck in.

There was nobody else around me, and I suddenly realized how alone I really was. A wave of nervousness swept over me. But it wasn't nervousness at all. It was fear. Fear of the unknown, and fear of the light.

And then I felt a hand rest on my shoulder.

Taylor's p.o.v

My little sister was gone. I was frozen, unable to move or even breathe. Doctors came rushing into the room. "Sir, you have to leave," a nurse said to me. I didn't respond, I just stared at her blankly. My mind couldn't process anything except for the fact that my sister was gone. I didn't want to believe it, but reality is harsh.

After a moment, the nurse said," He's gone into shock, I'll take him to a different room." She left and soon returned with a wheelchair. She and another nurse helped me into it before wheeling me away. I screamed for them to take me back, that that was my little sister back there, but they ignored my pleas and wheeled me into a white room. They locked the door after they left.

I burried my head into my hands. "I promised you I would save you, Brielle." I whispered. "I promised!" I screamed, sobbing loudly. I could've saved her. But I didn't. I let the most important person in my life slip right through my fingers. And I can't do anything about it.

Shawn's p.o.v

I had gone to the hotel to check up on the boys when I got the call that changed everything. I was in the lobby when my phone began to ring. "Hello?" I asked. "Hi, um, is this Mr. Mendes?" The voice asked. "This is he," I replied.

"Well, sir, it seems that your girlfriend, Miss Brielle Caniff, has had a heart failure. She's in critical condition. There's a 10% chance that she's even still alive. I'm very sorry, sir." "I-I, this...this is a joke, right?" I asked, panic filling my voice. The person took a deep breath before saying," No, sir this is not a-" But I didn't hear the rest because my phone had already slipped out of my hand and shattered on the marble floor.

She's gone. Brielle's gone. I punched the wall and kicked over a chair, a scream escaping my lips. People began to stare, but at this point, I could care less.

The lobby receptionist rushed over to me. "Sir, you need to calm down!" She shouted at me.

I glared at her, tears and hatred in my eyes. "Do you know what I'm feeling right now?" I asked. She shrugged," I don't know, and honestly, I don't really care."

"Well, I'm feeling like I'm drowning in the deepest, darkest ocean right now. I can't breathe or see anything clearly. I feel like I can't function or move. My knees are buckling, and I'm falling down, down, down, into a world where nothing matters, and all there is is sadness. There's no sunshine down there, just shadows and darkness that surrounds me. Do you know what that feeling is?" I asked.

The receptionist stared at me before whispering two words:
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
"Heart break."