I thought she was angry that I'd kept all that to myself but before I could even say anything she pulled me into an hug. "I'm so happy you found yourself a good man."

I was glad after her response and how she supported our friendship though she'd warned me not to keep anything from her. The juicy stuff, she'd added though I didn't quite understand.

Some playful music filled the room that my thoughts returned to the present.

The hall was circular and grandly lit and I saw the students on the opposite side of us as they clapped over a group of girls who has just walked off the stage. Their faces were so closed up together that I couldn't tell them apart.

"That's Dal," Lora nudged me as she pointed ahead over to her son. Surely a parent could recognize their child from this far. He didn't seem to have seen us yet since he was talking to a boy beside him, a friend perhaps.

Leila plugged her earphones on when the speeches began as I looked round those present whereas Lora seemed to be keenly listening. I bet half of the students were asleep.

Near the end of the final speech just before the awarding, I saw two men walk into the hall. All attention seemed to turn towards them especially after a small squeal from a student.

"Papa!"

The lighting was quite dull to make out their faces but the more I stared, I felt as if I was looking into Grey's silhouette. I surely wasn't imagining things and it was after Leila raised her arms to stretch that their attention shifted to us.

Of the two, one was older. Even with the large coat he had on, I could tell he had a great physique. He was most probably a parent here. My eyes didn't pay him much attention before they moved to the other and I gasped.

Grey.

Our eyes briefly met over the large distance between us and somehow my heart began to race. I shamelessly stared over how the black suit graced his body so perfectly.

Even groom's didn't look that attractive.

He said something to the man who had been showing them some empty seats on a row by the exit. I obviously didn't know what he'd said but then as he turned my way and the other man followed, my eyes twitched.

They were coming over. There were two empty spaces just two seats from where I sat.

Lora and Leila were quick to notice too because I heard Leila pretentiously clear her throat while Leila urged her not to make it obvious. My hand flew to my neck where I started counting the beads on my necklace.

As soon as they were seated, my friends joyfully turned to greet Grey which he responded with a nod. I smiled in return as his eyes softened and I saw his companion look our way then back at Grey.

The head of the school began to give out the awards and I closely listened for Dalton's name though I could feel the occasional stare on my left side. I didn't turn to look because I knew I'd stare back too.

Leila squealed as soon as Dal was called and Lora walked down the stairs to the front. She took out her phone to film them as I clapped even higher. I raised my head slightly to watch as he received his present.