CHAPTER 1 Part 2: THE BEGINNING OF THE END

My mom was driving us to school that Monday morning.
Weird because she never has time for us especially not on a Monday.
"So how was the weekend guys?", She asked applying Makeup onto her face.
My mom loves expensive things. From the clothing she wears, to the heels, to the makeup.
You can call her those classy young mom's.
She's turning 45 yet has a body of a 20 year old.
"What did you guys get up to?", She asked.

****Flashback to the weekend***
Blessing, Jackson and I went to a crazy ass party full of high and horny teenagers, I fell in love with a stranger who I might probably never see again.

"I did my school work,then practiced my programming", boasted Jackson.
He lies just to keep me safe.
"Same", I replied with a fake smile on my face.
My mother and I don't have the best relationship. You'd think because she's never around...well that and we just don't get along.

We pulled up to the schools driveway as she dropped us off.
"Dinner tonight?" She asked.
"Cool", We simultaneously agreed as we walked out of the car.
You'd probably think my mom's the cool type.
Don't be deceived she's fucking strict!

"Who vex you for this early mo mo?"(who made you angry this early morning? Blessing asks bumping my shoulder with hers in attempt to cheer me up although I wasn't upset, rather I was in deep thought.

"WHO IS HE?" I said.

"Who is who Jess?....wait don't tell me you're still on about that Mishel...michell boy,"she asked.

"ITS MICHAEL!", I replied.

"Baby girl whatever. He's just a random guy you met at a party whom you'll never meet again, besides he doesn't like you! Abeg forget about him."

BLESSING HAS ONLY BEEN IN LOVE ONCE. She had been dating this guy from church.
TILL SHE FOUND OUT THE GUY WAS MARRIED WHICH COMPLETELY BROKE HER.
SHE'S NEVER BELIEVED IN LOVE SINCE THEN.

"See you after school I've got English now," I said giving her a hug as I walked away.

***********

Why couldn't I stop thinking about him?
I sat deep in my thoughts while Ms Smith was droning on about Macbeth.
I just wanted to go home instead of listening to this annoying bi-

*THE BELL RANG.*

After school Blessing and I were walking back to my place.
We normally do homework while we get high and listen to 'Girls want Girls' By Drake.
We study better that way.

Blessing rolls her eyes,"What's up with you and this boy sef (even)?"
I roll my eyes increasing my pace.
We finally made it to my house. I entered the kitchen to grab us some snacks and drinks and took them upstairs to my room.
Blessing sat on my bed as I undressed.

"Babe,can I tell you something? Promise not to laugh." I asked while unbuttoning my shirt.

"Oya nau"(go ahead) , she replied nodding her head.

"I think I'm .... Im in- in  love with Michael!" I said stuttering.

She gives a long stare at me before bursting into laughter.

"I KNEW IT,I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY I TOLD YOU," I SAID THROWING A PILLOW AT HER.

"What the fu- , wait you're serious?" She asked shocked at my reaction.