Chapter 16

I was well awake and playing my violin once more when I heard Undertaker wake up. We had decided to sleep in his coffin that night, so I heard the creak of the wood and was not in the least bit surprised when I heard Undertaker humming along to my song. I had been playing "London Bride is Falling Down". It had always been my favorite. Once I had finished, I set my violin down into its case.

"You are incredible, Nicu," Undertaker said, making me smile. He wrapped his arms around me, his touch slow and soft. It sent shivers up my spine. I blushed and said, "Undertaker, it's too early for this." He laughed and kissed my cheek, pulling away.

"Fair enough, but it is tempting~," he said, grabbing his hat off the desk. He put it on his head and started towards the door. I gently grabbed his hand, asking, "Where are you going?" He smiled his creepy smile.

"A funeral~, my dear~." I was confused until I remembered that he was around for funerals. "Would you~ like to come~?" I nodded, holding his hand with a tighter grip. I had to concentrate on Undertaker now so another personality did not burst through. I knew which one this time, and she was not pleasant.

—————————————————————————————————————-

The funeral went well. Well enough she did not make an appearance. Yet, I couldn't shake the feeling something bad was about to happen. Label me paranoid, but today did not feel like a good day. After the funeral, Undertaker and I split up; he to his shop,and I to the park. I needed some peace and quiet and I knew I would get none of that around Undertaker. It was not his fault, he was simply too distracting.

I wandered the park, eventually wandering into its woods and forest. I loved it, in fact, I began to slip into another personality. This one, however, did not take full control, it merely helped me melt into a calmer, quieter state of myself. I found a tree near a small pond, huddled against the trunk, shaded by its lengthy branches, and fell asleep.

When I woke up, I was greeted by a familiar face. Not entirely welcome, but familiar. I stretched my arms up and waved slightly to this person.

"Lovely spot for a nap, wouldn't you say?" I said, yawning cutely.

"It appears so," William said, his scythe in hand. "What are you doing here, Nicu? It is getting dark." He was concerned, yet I did not know why. I sat up, my dress not even slightly dirty from my nap. I looked around and discovered he was correct; the sun had set and the moon was rising. It was a full moon tonight, and it was beautiful. The stars were out as well, shining brightly. I stood up to start walking back, but I had not anticipated the dizziness that followed my weariness. Before I fell, William caught me, sighing. "Honestly, you should be much more careful. You'll get yourself hurt." His voice was as agitating as usual, but his eyes were softer. I suspected I was seeing things and yawned again, my nap only bringing on more weariness. I leaned against William, letting him know I was too tired to walk myself. He must have understood, for he picked me up and began walking back to the shop.

"Thank you, William," I sleepily said, my head resting against his chest comfortably. I curled up, and William merely continued walking, not replying. I was comfortable enough to fall back asleep.

——————————————————————————

When I once again awoke, I still felt calm and peaceful. My weariness had faded, and I felt much better. In fact, I was in the bed. I did not understand how I ended up here. I got out of bed, finding myself in a nightdress. I walked quietly to the doorway to the rest of the shop and froze when I heard voices.

"Are you sure? I don't want to think this only for it to be wrong," one voice said.

"She's been quite moody, even with what you've told me of the personalities. Moodier than usual. Besides, you have been quite... active together for some time. I can only assume. She would be the one to confirm it," said another. I walked in at that moment, seeing William and Undertaker talking. Undertaker was the first voice, William the second.

"What's going on, Adrian?" I said softly, sounding small and delicate. They both jumped at my voice, neither of them realizing I had been listening in. Undertaker had slightly twitched when I said his name, but I assumed it was because William was present when I said it. Undertaker turned to me and held his arms out. I smiled softly and cutely, slipping into his arms. He lifted me slightly and placed me in his lap, his fingers stroking my stomach. It soothed me and I smiled more, cuddling against his chest, in a position in which I could still see William, Undertaker could continue to stroke my stomach, and I could still cuddle with Undertaker.

"Oh, nothing, just discussing a few things," Undertaker replied. "I was worried about you earlier, you know. Not coming back for hours, then having William walk in with you in his arms." He smiled and said, "I got a little jealous." I heard William sigh, looking at us both.

"Yes, and as I told you, she was tired and most likely would have stayed there the whole night had I not done so. I couldn't have had someone come upon her and do who knows what to her," William replied, pushing his glasses up calmly.

Undertaker's gentle touch was making me purr slightly and they both looked at me, William slightly amused and Undertaker surprised yet amused. I hadn't realized I was purring until they looked at me. I blushed and nudged closer to Undertaker. They continued to speak afterwards, but drowsiness overtook me once more, and I fell into a peaceful and long sleep, filled with dreams of Undertaker, myself, and a child. I didn't understand the dreams, but I enjoyed them.