Chapter 6

I instantly moved to the side, thinking I was going to be hit by that arrow.

"Relax~, it's a memory~, remember~?" I heard Undertaker's playful tone beside me and I instantly relaxed. I nodded, looking for the archer who shot the arrow. When I saw him, my jaw dropped.

"R-Robin Hood?!" I exclaimed, shocked. "Wait, didn't you-" I was interrupted by a familiar yet younger voice. "Please, I'm not trying to kill you! I just need to-" Another arrow flies. "Stop shooting at me!" Then the man attached to the voice came into view. It was Undertaker. Yet, different. His face was visible, he had his "pesky" glasses on, and was wearing an interesting outfit. It was similar to what he wore right now.

"Ha! You lie, strange man! You have a weapon drawn in my direction! Therefore, you wish to kill me!" Robin Hood cried, another arrow already ready to fly. I decided to think of this past Undertaker as Adrian, as that is who he was. Adrian dodged the arrow, clearly stressed and annoyed. I allowed myself to draw closer to Adrian, seeing slight sadness in his wondrous eyes.

"No, I simply need to judge you! I'm a Grim Reaper! I'll see your life, decide whether the world still needs you, then I will see if you die or not!" Adrian argued, blocking another arrow with his scythe. "One cut is all I need!" He ran towards Robin Hood, an arrow cutting his face. "Gh!" He stopped, holding his face with one hand, his scythe still held tightly in his other. He was bleeding, but he still needed to judge Robin Hood. "A-allow me a f-few moments t-to see your l-life," he said, a bit of blood trickling through his fingers.

"You're insistent, I'll give you that. And as a reward for your insistence, I'll allow you those few moments," Robin Hood replied, setting his bow on his back. Adrian walked towards him, still holding his face. Without another word, Adrian swung his scythe at Robin Hood's leg.

In the moments that passed, I witnessed Robin Hood's life. And I witnessed Adrian's grim stare as he watched the Records and took a step back when they were over.

"I've decided. The world will need you in days to come. You will stay in this world for years more." Adrian turned away, starting to walk off. An arrow flew towards Adrian's head. He easily caught it. "I thought we were past this."

"Look on the arrow, Reaper. There is a gift for you for letting me live," Robin Hood replied, that irritatingly smart smirk on his face. Intrigued, Adrian looked at the arrow. There was a roll of paper on it.

"A note?" Adrian took the paper off, reading it. A large smile comes across his face as he laughs. "A joke! This is a fantastic joke!" I never found out what the joke was. Undertaker started to chuckle behind me.

Sighing, I went further into his memories, stopping at one at the Academy. William was there in the entrance with Adrian. He handed Adrian a pair of glasses.

"Try not to lose these," he said, looking a bit annoyed. Adrian took the glasses and smirked.

"You know, I don't quite need these," Adrian said. "Why should I have them if I don't need them?" With that, he threw the glasses into the air, smashing them with his scythe. William's eyebrow twitched as he summoned his scythe and slamming Adrian into the wall. By his throat.

"Because you are a Reaper. Reapers are required to wear glasses all the time." The scythe was digging into Adrian's throat, making him bleed. William sighed, the scythe disappearing. "We need the Reapers. No matter how much they break the rules," he muttered, walking off.

I decide that was enough of the memories and left Undertaker's mind. I had found out plenty; Undertaker got his scar on his neck from William and his scar across his face from Robin Hood. What of his other scars?