Chapter 23

(A/N This is Nicu's dress, and yes my lovelies, it is black for the wedding. Undertaker did agree to the black color, Grell frowned at it, and William simply sighed. By the way, Sebastian is coming. They've forgiven each other. He likes the dress, too. In fact, he helped find it ;) Here is the list of guests; Sebastian, Grell, William, Ciel(he has to come since Sebas-chan is), Ronald Knox, Eric, Alan(I think they are two real Shinigami... Guys, of course.), a few other Shinigami from the Academy, that's about it. Oh, and guess who else is coming? A single uninvited guest. I cannot tell you who. You must read it yourself.)

I went to the dress shop a few days before the day of the wedding, my stomach a bit bigger. I had been craving Undertaker's treats, even keeping his jar with me at some times. I, unfortunately, did not have it on my person at the time.

I entered the shop, finding the owner quite distressed.

"Sir, are you alright?" I questioned, going to him, one hand on my stomach. He looked at me, then looked a bit worried.

"Ma'm, I do apologize, but the shop was broken into just last night." My heart sank. I waited for him to continue. "Your dress, along with plenty of others, was stolen." I began to tear up.

"S-stolen? But I only have a few days until my wedding..." Luckily, I had Grell there with me. Well, I suppose it was lucky and unlucky.

"Nicu! It's alright! We can find another dress!" Grell exclaimed, obviously attempting to cheer me up. I gave him the best smile I could at the moment and nodded. Grell led me over to the wedding dresses, then went back to the shop owner. Grell thought I was too consumed with looking at dresses to notice what he was doing. He had grabbed the owner by his shirt collar and pulled him over the counter, growling, "If she doesn't find a better dress, I will make you sew that one again!"

"Grell, what are you doing to that poor shop owner?" I questioned, thinking I saw a familiar shape outside the shop. Grell pulled back with a jump. He released him and looked at me with an innocent smile.

"Nothing!" He responded, coming over to me. I sighed and smiled softly at him, whacking him on the back of the head. "Ow! What was that for?!"

"I don't need you to threaten people so I can have a nice wedding, alright? I'll be alright if I can't find one like it, I promise," I told him, seeing that shape again. "Sebastian, are you planning to stalk me for the remainder of the day or are you going to come out of the shadows?"

"You do have a good eye, it seems," he said, stepping towards us. He did not seem harmed from our last encounter, which made me feel less guilty and more relieved. "I overheard-"

"More like eavesdropped," Grell muttered, while gazing at Sebastian.

"-you've lost your dress and are in need of a new one. Yes?" Sebastian continued, his head barely tilted to the side. Was he offering his assistance even after I flung him onto a table which then broke underneath him? He was such a nice person if you didn't annoy him.

"Yes, I am. If I may clarify," I asked. With Sebastian nodding, I continued, "You are offering your assistance? Even after I hurt you?" Sebastian had that smirk on his face again. It gave me uncomfortable shivers. At least this time it was not directed towards me.

"What kind of person would I be to hold a grudge? Especially against someone such as yourself?" Sebastian mused, making me lose all bad feelings against him for the day. In fact, it gave me such good feelings for him, that I blurted out in a kind fashion, "Would you like to come to the wedding?" Sebastian looked surprised.

"You would want a demon present at the greatest moment of your life?" He questioned, already starting to look at the dresses nearby. I did so as well, smiling to myself as I remembered what Undertaker had once said.

"Technically, Sebastian, a funeral is the greatest, and most important, day of a person's life. Their own, of course," I remarked, watching him silently sigh to himself.

"Alright, the second greatest. Is that any better?" I smiled fondly at him and nodded. He was looking at darker wedding dresses as I expected he would, and I actually found several of them beautiful. He pulled one off the rack and showed it to me and my eyes lit up. He smirked.

"Oh, it's beautiful!" I cried as Sebastian handed it to me. He gestured to the dressing rooms and I immediately darted to them. I got into one of them quickly and dressed in it, finding it fit perfectly, even with the baby. I looked in the mirror, my eyes not changing to the soft color they generally do when I am this happy. No, instead they turned the pale, dull, dead color of my most hated personality. I shook my head to clear it and my eyes were normal.

"Well, does it fit, Nicu?" I heard Sebastian's muffled voice ask. I started to nod, then realized Sebastian could not see me nod. I stepped out, still in the dress. Sebastian's eyes widened slightly at the sight and I smiled softly.

"Oh, I love the dress, Nicu!" Grell cried, suddenly pouting. "But it's black! Wedding dresses are supposed to be white!"

"Grell, I swear, if you tell another bit of fashion advice today, I will personally take a needle and thread and sew your mouth shut until the wedding." I smiled in a cute and innocent way at him. "Alright?" Grell nodded, turning a bit pale. He hid behind Sebastian, locking his arms around him.

"Grell, get off," Sebastian said, annoyed. I smiled and went back into the dressing room to get changed back into my own dress I was already wearing. It was a short, black frilly dress with a white ribbon just above the stomach. I had Undertaker tie it for I knew he'd be gentle about it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I do want to thank you for helping me find the dress, Sebastian," I told him as we headed back to the shop. He gave me a smile, not the one that gave me shivers, though.

"Of course. You deserve the best dress. Even if the wedding does not go as planned, you shall still look beautiful, no matter what." That compliment made me lightly blush.

Undertaker was waiting for us outside the shop, nibbling on treats, looking positively bored out of his silly mind. When he looked up and saw us, I knew his eyes lit up under his bangs. He tilted his head slightly as he hopped up, and I caught a glimpse of his eyes. He was looking at me, and just me.

"Nicu!" Undertaker ran over to us, pulling me into a loving and gentle embrace. "How did it go at the dress shop?" He asked, walking with us into the shop. I picked up his jar before he left it outside, stealing a treat out of it.

"It went quite well! Sebastian helped quite a lot," I said, giving Sebastian a smile. "He's quite the friend, you know." Sebastian seemed a bit surprised I had called him a friend. I suppose he believes he has very few.

"Did he?" Undertaker questioned in a polite way, sitting behind his desk, pulling me into his lap. I nodded, his finger stroking my stomach in a slow, circular motion. I melted at his touch, and he knew I did whenever he did that. Whenever I would get stressed or emotional, Undertaker would pull me into his lap and do this for me, calming me.

"It seems you two are busy, so I suppose I'll be leaving," Sebastian stated, turning towards the door.

"Ciel can come, too!" I called out, watching him leave with quite the amused expression on his face.

"Now, Nicu," Undertaker began, continuing to stroke my stomach, "I missed you a lot when you left." He kissed my cheek softly a few times, his lips going down with each kiss. I blushed lightly, melting more at his gentle touches. Soon, he was kissing my neck and I was loving it. His kisses were soft and sweet, so I would not more, but I would be satisfied.

He always knew how to cheer me up, even if he didn't know he was.