Prèdateur

Three days after Folter’s incident.

It’s is a Wednesday night and Aizawa Shouta had just returned from a meeting at the commission’s HQ, which had literally left him with a head-splitting headache.

“Can’t we just go to another place?” Shouta asks, looking with dead eyes at the ice cream shop in front of him.

“Why would we?” Zashi raises an eyebrow, clearly confused. “This is the perfect place to calm your nerves Sho!”

“But I don’t lik-” But I don’t like ice cream—he wanted to say, but he just gets dragged like a rag doll, by an excited voice hero, and both enter the place.

They sit down at the corner table by the window and order two banana- strawberry flavored ice creams, against Shouta’s will of course.

It doesn’t take more then 2 minutes till the ice cream is placed in front of them and the blonde quickly slides his one closer and grabs his spoon tightly like a child. “Now. Spill.” He hits the end of the spoon against the table. “What happened at the meeting? What did you talk about? Did someone tell you something bad? Did someone offend your eye bags? Did—”

“What?”

“What? Did I guess right?” Zashi tilts his head to the left, dumbfounded.

“Eh—N-No.” Shouta sighs, pinching his nose and shifts his gaze outside the window. It’s dark. There aren’t many people around. “Nothing like that happened Zashi.”

“Then tell me what happened.” The voice hero says with a smile, sweeter then ice cream itself.

Shouta looks down, unsure if he should be saying this or not. It was supposed to be a confidential meeting after all, but he just can’t handle it. The mere thought of it makes his head burst. “It’s just… Remember the case I was on recently?”

The other nods “Uh-uh? Rabbit, right?”

Shouta buries his chin deeper inside his scarf as he nods back. “The meeting was held to plan his capture. There will be many heroes assisting on it.”

“Well, isn’t that actually great? It will be easier to bring him in.” Zashi says and shoves the first bite of ice cream inside his mouth.

“I don’t know Zashi. I don’t know.” He feels the words stuck in his throat, stinging him like needles. “Maybe it would have been great if Rabbit wasn’t actually a blind kid, not old enough for high school yet. Not to mention that Hawks will be involv—”

“W- wha, what?” Zashi chokes on his ice cream.

Shouta looks down, having kind of expected that reaction. No one would have ever wondered Rabbit was like that after all.

The other, manages to calm himself and leans closer. “You—you sure about that? Rabbit? As in the same vigilante that has turned Japan upside-down since his first appearance three years ago?”

“Yeah, the one and only.” Shouta deadpans.

The other holds back an eye twitch. “But blind? A kid? Sho, that’s hard to—”

“Hard to believe, indeed.” He cuts off. “That’s what I thought too but, the previous night at Folter told me everything. His voice, the way he acts, his built, it all leads to this conclusion.”

At that, Zashi’s brows knit as his face gets a bit of a pale tint. His throat tightens and he lets out with half a voice. “So you’re saying that a kid has been the one actually doing all that fighting all this time?”