Chapter 19, Epilogue: Joseph's 'Funeral', An Artefact Recovered...

Comincia dall'inizio

We all turned around in shock as the figure continued "Hey everybody! I finally got to New York and nobody was there to meet me! So, I heard you were all at a funeral. I looked high and low!" Turning to Lisa Lisa he said. "Hey Coach Lisa Lisa! Are you all healed up? Messina, you're here too! I want to ask von Stroheim if he can fix my hand up with some gadgets!" 

Raising his hands, he flexed his fingers making oddly cybernetic noises. He went on about the war that may grip the world any day now. Messina however cut him off "Hey now! What're you thinking!" 

Security rushed over, lecturing "This is a funeral you idiot!" The man shot back "Who's the idiot?! Hey! Did you just call me an idiot?!" The other guard grabbed him "Calm down. Let's go have a talk!" At this point none of us could speak. How was this possible? He was DEAD!

JOSEPH pushed the security aside, snapping "You aren't getting away with calling me an idiot!" We all exclaimed in unison "JOJO?!" Smokey screamed "AAAAH! JOJO'S ALIVE!" 

Joseph turned to us looking confused "Alive? H-hang on now! What's with all the surprise? It's like you saw a ghost." That's when he noticed the headstone with his name on it as he yelled "WHAT?! Why's my name on a headstone?! D-don't tell me this is..."

He was cut-off by another familiar voice, this one calling "JoJo!" Turning around, I saw none other than Suzie Q approaching, holding an umbrella as she lectured "You're still recovering, you shouldn't stand in the rain!"

She handed him the umbrella and it was at this point I noticed a wedding ring around her finger. Messina stammered "I-it's Suzie Q! What's that ring on her finger?" I closed my eyes and smirked.

Joseph asked, shocked "You don't know about my wife EITHER?!" The others exclaimed "Your WIFE?!" I let out a laugh before saying "My, my JoJo! You HAVE been busy." Suzie Q began gushing over being introduced as Joseph's wife.

Joseph explained "Back when the volcano erupted, the rock I was on shielded me and fell into the sea. A fishing boat picked me up." To Suzie Q he added "You nursed me back to health in Venice for two weeks. But they haven't heard. You sent a telegram RIGHT?!" Suzie Q just gave an absent-minded look and replied "Telegram?" Joseph snapped "Yeah! You said you would!" 

Joseph began twitching his fingers causing Suzie Q to run off screaming "I'm sorry I forgot!" And it was here I stepped forward and said "Wait, wait, wait. VOLCANO?! What happened?! Where's Kars?!" Joseph pretended to think for a moment, before responding. "Hmm. In space somewhere I think. I don't know."

I yelled "In SPACE?!" Joseph smirked and said "Hey Gyalzen, that's not all that's new. Check this out." Taking his glove off, I was surprised to see a mechanical hand similar to that of Stroheim's! Joseph explained "Kars severed my hand so I managed to get a metal one instead. Pretty cool right? Now if you'll excuse me."

He abruptly yelled "AH! What was that woman THINKING!" Before running after her. Smokey dropped to his knees, I just stood watching. Turning on my heel, I now stood with my back to them and a smile across my face.

I believed I was fated to lose those I cared about, however the Joestar family weren't ordinary. From what I knew of Jonathan and what Joseph had shown me in person.  

It seemed they could defy fate itself, when the need arose...

Narrator POV

Gyalzen disappeared into the Tibetan mountains once again, rumour has it he took on his own students to train in the ways of Hamon. Despite this, he still kept in contact with Joseph and the others. When Joseph and Suzie Q's daughter Holy was born, he visited America again. Within a few years he became an uncle figure to the newest member of the Joestar family.

For the most part though, he remained isolated in the same temple he'd first visited when he was but a child. He trained both his own skills as well as his students and for many years, all seemed at peace.

That was until an avalanche unearthed an all new mystery altogether...

Timeskip, 50 years later (Roughly a few months before Stardust Crusaders)...

Gyalzen POV

Image of an older Gyalzen (Aged 69 since he's a year older than Joseph):

"Master! Master!" My eyes slowly opened as I was brought out of my meditation

"Master! Master!" My eyes slowly opened as I was brought out of my meditation. I turned to see who had interrupted to see one of my students stood in front of me. In his hands was some sort of object wrapped in a cloth. I calmly asked "What is it?"

The student clearly seemed concerned about something, he knelt down in  front of me and pushed the wrapped object towards me. He explained in a panicked tone. "We were investigating that mysterious cave that was found after the avalanche, at the back we found a makeshift altar with this placed on it.

I looked down at the object, saying "Let me see." I picked the object up only for the student to say "Be careful. One of the others pricked themselves on it! I think they bled out on the spot!" I froze for a moment, looking up at them.

Sweat began trickling down my face. What I now held in my hands had somehow killed one of my students! I unravelled it quickly until I could finally see the contents of the wrapping. Once I'd cast the cloth aside, I raised an eyebrow in confusion. What was found only raised more mysteries. What was it? What was its purpose?

 I'd never seen anything like this before...

Author's Note: And that's it! Not just for this book, but for Part 2 as a whole! I want to thank everyone who's been reading, voting and commenting I really appreciate it

Author's Note: And that's it! Not just for this book, but for Part 2 as a whole! I want to thank everyone who's been reading, voting and commenting I really appreciate it. I really hope you've enjoyed it!