Chapter 18. The Meeting

I slowly open my eyes. How much time has passed? How long was I sleeping? Where... Where is Malphas? And... Where did The Darkness go?

I stand from my bed and leave my room. There's too silent. And too dark. I'm trying to find the switch. Nothing in here... Where am I?

For a moment I close my eyes and take a deep breath. The world around me begins to take shape. 

-----

And now I'm standing in what was once a castle. This place is destroyed and long since forgotten. Everything except of... The throne room... I open the door and go inside. The silence... I have a feeling that this place has been abandoned and... A large stone coffin caught my attention. It was carved with an intricate pattern. Later I realized it wasn't a pattern. The clue I left for the Young Queen... This isn't a Forbidden Realm... This is The Kingdom of the Golden Souls. Seems like, someone took over this place after The Black Dragons destroyed her home... Maybe it explains why this place disappeared from my radars.

When one Story ends, but another began, The Darkness ruling over two worlds will be defeated by the one that lost everything they love and treasure.

Then I heard a voice. Someone's coming. I hid and started to wait. The person who tried to kill me entered the room. He looked different from the one I saw there... I'm trapped. I'm sure I can't get out of here, but...

It became darker for a moment. This is my chance. But as soon as I ran out of my little hiding place, someone immediately grabbed my arm and dragged me in their direction. I couldn't even scream.

The next moment I'm already standing on the street. Trees and ruined houses surround me. Behind me is a large locked door... This is the Kingdom of the Golden Souls... Oh, Hope... I am so sorry for what happened here... It's all my fault...

I dry my tears and hurry to leave this place.

-----

I'm getting close to another silent place full of shadows. I have no idea what is happening here, in the world I've created... I carefully wander the streets trying to reach the castle. Then I feel a blade at my throat.

"Don't make any sudden moves if you value your life, demon" I... I know this voice. It's  you, Hope.

"I... I came in peace" without inventing anything original, I gave out the most banal phrase that I heard many times

"You sure? I think you're a liar" 

"Let her go, Hope." Tyler's voice sounded not so far away from us "She's telling the truth though she looks like those you're hunting"

I didn't quite understand what he meant, but later, when we were in the castle, I looked in the mirror. I saw a black and red dress with very open shoulders and long dark purple gloves, in the pupils I saw two bright red pentagrams. But my attention was drawn to two large gray wings behind. I can't believe that my adventure here has changed my appearance so much... Although... Looking at them... Nothing surprising...

"So" Tyler started to speak taking a seat on his throne "Who are you and what brought you here to us?"

"They named me Abby" I reply feeling a deja vu. But I surely know that I'm not in danger "You brought me here... I mean..."

"What does it mean?!" Hope interrupted me.

"Listen... You're all in a big danger. And I really want to say that this danger has name Henning... Speaking of him. Last time you saw him he looked... Different."

"How did you know about it?" Hope pointed her sword to me "There's only me and Tyler who know about it"

"I know a lot. I've seen a lot... But I swear, I am not the enemy and never was it"

"Are you The Curator?" Hope put the sword down and asked calmly "Ahriman said that someone's watching us"

"Ahriman? Who is it?"

"The king of The Forbidden Realm. His castle is almost destroyed except of the throne room"

"The Forbidden Realm is your former home..." I whisper

Our conversation was interrupted by a sharp loud sound not far from us. Then the room became dark

I realized that there was no one around. They disappeared too. I'm scared.

-----

I open my eyes. I see walls around and one door. I get up off the floor and dust off my dress as I look around. I've seen the stranger in the corner of this room. His face was hid. I could only see his eyes... I was sleeping or... No, I don't want to think about it.

I came a little closer to him and sat in front of him. As if sensing it, he opened his eyes.

"You finally awake" his voice sounded quiet "You were sleeping so tight so I didn't want to bother you."

"How many days was I..."

"Two or three days, I don't know for sure." He whispered "What happened between you and Ahriman so he threw you here?"

"I... I don't know. At one point it became dark, and then I woke up here." I suddenly felt cold

"You're shivering..." his voice sounded very sad, then I looked into his eyes full of sadness "Are you cold?"

I silently nodded, and at that moment he got up and, having thrown off his cloak from his shoulders, threw it over mine. And at that moment I saw... You...

"Eclip?" I wasn't sure that it's really you

"How did you know my name?" you were surprised.

"You... You still don't remember me, but call my name every night there, on Xentaron..."

"Xentaron?" you repeat it then you speak confident. "Xentaron... Home... Our home... Our home is not here"

"It's not here" I tell you then I understand that your memory is coming back to you. "It's so far away from here. We... You have to wake up... And I have to finish what my Father has started."

"Your Father... What happened to him after failure? Is he alive? Did you see him?"

"Unfortunately, no... I'm not even sure if he's really alive. But one way or another, you and I must run away from here. If I'm not mistaken, then..."

I became silent. Someone's coming.