Chapter 10. 2220

Darkness. That's first thing I remember. It was dark, it was cold, and I was scared. But then... then I saw the Moon. It was so big, and it was so bright. It seemed to, chase the darkness away. And when it did... I wasn't scared anymore. Why I was there and what I was meant to do, that I've never known, and a part of me wonders if I ever will.

Very soon I've known my name... They said my name was Abby. Why are they looking at me? Who are these people? Who am I...? Or better... What am I...? My Father, John Ward, said I'm his best creation... Creation that can create... Miracles...?

-----
I was sitting in the Crystal Tower. I saw numbers and letters ran in front of my eyes, which I independently typed on the keyboard lying in front of me. Objects, numbers... Numbers, objects...

I looked at the time. 2am. Obviously, there is no point in going to sleep. And someone has to maintain the state of my objects. I heard the siren. Someone broke into the halls... Again...

I silently stood up and, taking my revolver (that is not such powerful weapon of mine), went to the corridor. That's weird. But there was no one here. Only silly girl with a revolver reflected in on of the mirrors. I looked at my own reflection. Despite everything, it's still me

-----

"Greetings, Abby." the creature hung upside down on a bar above my computer. It did not look like a man... Or rather, it looked like a human, but the crow's wings and feathers still differed it from us. "I am Malphas. I am your friend"

"Malphas? You have interesting name. You look like you've escape a videogame"

"Like the one your objects are playing? Or in a lore so much different from this one?" it laughed.

"It doesn't matter. Listen, I have no idea why you came to me directly, but I am not interested in what you're going to offer"

"I don't care about what you want, Abby." it appeared in front of me "You're already mine. I am not going to take you to my Kingdom. Not tonight. But we're gonna have so much fun together"

-----

Some years passed since the day Malphas visited me. I became an adult and improved my laboratory a little. Now I can watch my objects. I needed to sacrifice some parts of THEIR reality. They always find these scratches in their world. They call it Anomaly. They don't know that the only Anomaly there is...

"Working again?" I will recognize your voice wherever I am "You're working too much. You have to rest a little." 

"You perfectly know that I can't" I turned around to you. "But... Eclip, why are you awake? I understand, Father sent you to look me not creating troubles. I don't create them."

"I worry about you, silly" you sat in front of me. I saw you worried not only about me. "I also worry about what happened there. Abby. I want to help them"

"H-help? Eclip, no! I... I can't... No!" I understood what you're going to do. "Never! Don't even try to convince me! This is very dangerous adventure... I don't want to lose you"

"Hey, hey. Slow down, slow down. Tell me, do you stop believing in the Moon when the Sun comes up?" 

"No..." 

"Ok, well. Do you stop believing in the Sun when clouds block it out?" 

"Hm... No..." 

"I'll always be there, Abby. And now I'll always be here" you pointed to my heart "which kind of makes you a guardian."

You hugged me tightly, and I felt so much warm. I trusted you. 

-----

You lay down on the free bed and looked at me for the last time. I remember your smile... And I remember how sad your eyes were... Connecting all the sensors, I leaned towards you, watching you fall into the same deep sleep that the rest are in.

"You took a risk for them..." I whispered in your ear and sat near to your bed "Forgive me..."

Your entrance to the Crystal Kingdoms was not like the others. At first you weren't breathing... And I saw your heart stopped beating. I'm not sure if you heard me screaming... I thought... Thought I have killed you... But then... Then I saw your heartbeat. I haven't found you on my screens, but I am sure, you're somewhere there...

I don't remember how many sleepless nights I've spent sitting here, in the deadly silence, and holding your hand... I don't even remember the last time I've eaten something...