Chapter 5. Kingdom of the Red Ash

Hope woke up feeling the warm wind. She looked around. There was a small room looking like a prison cell. But it was in a small house. There were the chair and a small desk in this room. On the desk was a vase with the North Edelweiss*.  Hope recognized these flowers and after this she was sure: she is safe here.

The girl stood from the bed and went to the window. She was in a small village with some people who didn't pay attention to the captive. Then she decided to try to leave the room. Obviously, the door was locked. But when she grabbed the door knob she noticed two golden bracelets medium size. On the right bracelet there was an emerald surrounded by a pattern of alternating vertical rectangles and horizontal lines; on the left one - there was an amethyst surrounded by the same pattern. Near this pattern there were four hemispheres glowing with different colors. Crystal Seal*.

Hope wasn't surprised to see something like that on her wrists, so she went away from the door and sat on the bed waiting for anyone to enter.

Very soon the door is opened. The boy entered the room. He was 18 and he was wearing very simple clothes: black pants and black shirt. Only a scarlet ribbon could be seen on his head, covering his forehead. His ruby eyes sparkled in the rays of sun. He was Tyler. He looked worried, like something was about to happen.

"Good morning, Hope" A calm smile flickered was on his pale face. "How do you feel yourself?"

"You!" the girl immediately jumped up and, pressing him against the wall, grabbed the top of his shirt. "What the hell?"

"Sorry, I had to take you away. His people are not fond of what you're here, but He told to put these bracelets on you" he pointed on her wrists "You're surely know what it is, and what for...  They think you are..."

"A monster, I know" she released him and took one step back.

"I tried to convince The Leader to not do that, but nothing worked. I can't argue with him.

"Because you're a coward" Hope said sitting down on the bed. "You couldn't protect  your people, but you can't even argue with some boy who rules you."

When she mentioned the Kingdom of the Red Ash, the crystal sphere appeared in Tyler's hand. Naylith, the spell for traveling through time and space. His face wasn't showing any emotion. He simply threw the sphere to Hope. She caught it, and then they disappeared somewhere.

-----

It was the hottest summer day. In the Kingdom of Scarlet Ash, everyone went about their business: adults worked around the city, in the fields, sowing a new crop; and the little children ran and played. Around everything shone and shimmered in various colors from bright red to gold. The Scarlet Dragons helped the townspeople for the upcoming Crystal Rain Festival*.

And somewhere not far from the castle, on a long-scorched earth, a young Dragon was training.

"So, Tyler" Scarlet One still hears his voice. The voice of someone who was very dear to him. Allen, his Teacher and best friend. "remember what you have learned"

"Take a deep breath, close my eyes and focus on... On what?"

"Oh" Allen sighed and laughed a little. "Just remember this spell"

"But isn't it dangerous?" 

"It is. But life is boring without any danger. So, don't worry. I'm here if something goes wrong. I know what to do"

Tyler nodded and, taking the deep breath, closed his eyes. The dark mist surrounded him.

"Good... Now..."