Chapter 13. Dawn changes everything

In fact, three years have passed. A lot of things have changed. The Camp got bigger: citizens from other kingdoms escaped their homes and joined The Resistance, because their kings, who during this time became powerful allies of Henning, turned their kingdoms into a hell for their people.

Henning became crazier. After defeating his own Sentinel, he completely gone insane and rebuilt his own castle. Now the castle looked like a pyramid, at the very top of which there was a throne room with a huge window overlooking the forest. The king could watch the sun rise and the moon set. Henning named this place Crystal Xentaron.

-----

The Camp was very active this year. People rebuilt destroyed houses. After all, making a burned kingdom a new home for people, was a great idea. Formerly known as the Kingdom of Red Ash, this place was given a new name - Crystal Enia.

The moon rose, illuminating the white snow with its scarlet light. People immediately closed in their homes, for today the Blood Moon Cycle begins. No one knew exactly how long this Cycle would last this time. Maybe a day, maybe a week, maybe a few years. This worried Leader and Tyler the most. They did not want to lose people in such dark times, and it was pointless to rely on the Hunter. People were simply afraid of these monsters, and no one tried to fight them.

-----

Tyler was wandering the empty streets looking how the lights go out in the windows. Soon, from the side of the forest, he noticed a strange shadow. This shadow was slowly approaching the gates of the city. The Scarlet Dragon was wary. He wasn't expecting anyone at this late hour.

"Stay where you are" he said "One step further, and I'll attack you".

The shadow stopped. Then the darkness consumed this place. It became unbearably dark, like Tyler was in an empty closed room with no windows. The Dragon immediately attacked at the place where the shadow had stopped. The faint light from the spell faded into the depths of the forest. Obviously, the shadow was no longer there.

Feeling cold breath behind him, he tried to attack again. Shadow, as if waiting for an attack, immediately stopped the Dragon Sword with a barrier. The bright light blinded his eyes, but Tyler tried to peer deep into the barrier to see who attacked. A powerful surge of electricity threw Tyler back.

"Whoever you are... Name yourself!" Tyler yelled.

The shadow remained silent, slowly approaching the young man. Tyler attacked again and again, but none of the attacks broke the barrier created by the shadow.

Futile attempts to do something with the shadow continued until the morning. Rather, it could be called morning, if the sun had risen... But there was no sun .. But there was no moon either. There was nothing in the sky, as if it was covered with dark clouds.

Tyler tried to get to his feet, but was thrown back again. Tired of fighting, he crawled up to the wall of one of the houses and just waited for the shadow to destroy him. The shadow approached almost close and stretched out its hand in the direction of the Dragon. The young man felt the energy leaving his body.

Bright warm light lit up the city. The shadow immediately vanished, leaving a few black feathers behind. The young man fell to the ground, unconscious.

-----

Tyler woke up in his own bed. His wounds were bandaged. Near the window, he noticed Wulfrik.

"It was really stupid of you to try to fight it." he said. "He is stronger than you."

"Who the hell was it? And who...?"

"I wish I could know" Leader sighed "Whoever saved you... They became the new Hunter for us"