Chapter 14. I am The King of Monsters

Night after night people disappeared in the crystal cities. Despite all the cruelty of the new kings, they also worried about it. This happened every Blood Moon Cycle. People were praying. People were waiting for the one they call the Hunter. But nobody came. So then people began to simply lock themselves in their homes hoping that the monsters would not touch them. But even this was not enough against strong creatures that were formerly human.

What? Do you really wonder why I mentioned it? Or do you wonder who I am? Well... Let me introduce myself. My name is Alû. But people call me The King of Monsters.

-----

I wasn't born here. I wasn't born neither in Enia nor in Xentaron. The Darkness - this is who created me. And not only me, right, Malphas? Or you think I don't know who you are. Tell me... Why are you helping her?

I was locked in Ward's laboratory. I don't remember how I've been caught, I swear, when we'll meet again, Father Ward, you will pay for it. You wanted to use me for your experiments...? No? Then I'm just your prisoner. I was your prisoner.

You probably wonder, how I escaped. Well... This is really sad and pathetic story. When Ward is gone, and the girl remained all alone She befriended with you, Malphas. With you, who's staying by Her side giving her helpful advices. She really wanted to release me just to fight my Creator. Instead of it, She sent me here, to the people who never heard of monsters.

-----

The truth is... That they don't know that THEY ARE monsters. All I needed is just wake the darkness in their hearts. The Darkness... Fear... And despair... Oh, your kings did everything perfect for the despair taking its place in your hearts. Thank them for me. Oh and... Thank you, Henning for letting me in your soul. Stupid king, hahaha... That was really stupid of you to believe me for I am going to help you to defeat The Resistance. I don't give a fuck about them. I just need people to turn them to the monsters... And I need people to feed my monsters.

You are really stupid if you think that I will let you go. Of course, you believe that I'll disappear when the Blood Moon Cycle is over. I will never disappear. I will sleep in your soul for next Blood Moon rises. You will not find a way to defeat me. It's not written in your dusty books. 

Go to the mirror. What do you see? You see... Yourself? No? Hahaha, that's right. It's not you. It's me. Now it's me.

What are you doing? Ah, you're praying... You want The Hunter to come? The Hunter will never come. This is just a legend. And legends are... Tales your mothers told you before you fall asleep. NO. ONE. WILL. SAVE. YOU. NOW.

-----

What is it? The bright light from Enia? Is it... Malphas lost a battle and... That can't be. Seems like, your prayers have been heard. The Hunter came. Born of graves.

What's wrong, Your Grace? Did you recognize this light? Of course you did. This is the one you shouldn't have killed. She will not kill only my people. Lock your doors. She's coming back to even out the score. I can help you. But I won't. I want to be the watcher.

Well, if she kills you, I would have find another body. But she will never get to you. Not here... But at home... Only if... She's watching us, so I'm not supposed to say it. 

Residing in your soul, I'm hiding from Curator's radars. We are the same. But I am stronger. And She is stronger... But if you trust me, we will be victorious.

What? No? You can't say anything, but I read your mind. Get away from the window. Don't worry. Everything will be alright. Let me make it so that no one can enter your castle without passing very strong guards. You want it, I know. Just let me do it.

Yeah, I know they'll think you're crazy. But who will say it to you directly? Right. Nobody. People must fear their king. Without fear, there is no obedience.

-----

As soon as I return to your world, I swear that everything that you hold dear, everything that you love so much... I will take. I will destroy... I will make you watch everything you know fade. 

And then... Then I'll get to you. I will kill you slowly, enjoying every minute of your cry of pain and despair. I will listen to you praying for mercy. I will look into your eyes, in which the light slowly fading away.

Or... I will lock you in your Father's laboratory, and you will die in a cage. I swear that you will suffer for the sins of your righteous Father who tried to stop death at the cost of our souls. And no one will save you.

No one opposes Alû, the King of the Monsters.