So Far, yet So Close

Start from the beginning

"Evolving?" I asked.

"Your Dragon Slayer Magic is becoming more and more stronger, to the point where you'll have the powers of a true dragon."

"So the wings on my back..."

"Exactly! Part of you evolving." He placed his claw on my head and whispered. "You have grown so much, Natsu. You have learned to be assertive and couragous, yet caring and full of love. Promise me that you'll protect the Heartfilia girl with all your might."

Tears continued to flow down my cheek as Igneel's warmth flowed in me. "I promise."

I woke up with anxiety flowing within me. I was gasping for air as beads of sweat flowing down my face. I looked around and sighed with relief. I was back in the hotel room, the sun spilling out of the window. I felt something soft against my almost bare chest. I looked down to see Lucy on my chest, sleeping soundly. Her hair was all over the place, specifically over her eyes. Her robe was so close to falling off that I could see the surface of her robe. I adjusted the robe and gently gave Lucy a gentle kiss on the forehead. That woke her up, her eyes fluttering open. "You're awake," she yawned.

"Yeah, I am. Good morning," I smiled.

"Good morning," she smiled back. And soon, her face fell a little, and her eyes dazed away. "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Tomorrow.....It's my birthday," Lucy whispered. At first, I didn't understand what was the problem. She was turning twenty four, a day worth celebrating. But then, it hit me. It wasn't something we should be celebrating. It was the anniversary of the separation of the twins, the day that started this whole mess. And then, there was also the ransom.

Either we give Lucy to those people after us, or we pay the concequences.

I brought Lucy closer to me and whispered, "Everything will be over soon. You'll be back in Fairy Tail, with your sister, your friends-"

"-and you," Lucy finished. I looked down at her with a tiny hint of shock. She was blushing lightly and held me tightly. I returned the feeling with a tight hug too. "I promise...I won't let them take you.."

Suddenly, there was a pounding on the door. "Natsu! Lucy! Open the door!"

"Ugh, I do  not like Artemis's yells," I groaned. Lucy laughed. "She was my alarm clock for the past five years. You get use to it."

The door flew open with Lisanna coming in first, along with Artemis, Wiyah, and Hoohoo. "Oh my!" Artemis gasped, her face a deep shade of red.

"Geez, people! Ever heard of clothing!" Wiyah exclaimed.

"What.....what is this?" Lisanna stammered.

"N-Nothing happened!" Lucy exclaimed, sitting up. But she ignored Lucy and was staring at me with so much emotion: disbelief, betrayal, sorrow. "You....You wouldn't even let me lie down next to you...Why do you let her!"

"Lisanna, it's none of your concern. We're not together anymore." I told her, not looking at her in the eyes.

"Please, can we not talk about this now," Lucy begged.

"Actually, I want to talk about it right now! Why the hell are you guys only dressed in robes and on the same bed together! We're you two having sex?!" Lisanna yelled.

"No! We didn't do any of that!" Lucy yelled.

"But you guys were doing other stuff, weren't you! You guys were probably sucking each others faces and touching each other like sick people! Why didn't you ever do that to me, Natsu! Why!"

"Because you're a traitor!" I finally screamed. The room was dead silent, and all eyes were on both me and Lisanna. Her eyes were wide, and my anger was flourishing. "What....what are you talking about?"