~In need of assistance~

So uh... I had this idea... and I couldn't stop thinking about it until I wrote it. And I like sharing my works, so here it is lol

Also, oddly specific, but I keep imagining Tsukasa's outfit for the show mentioned in this chapter to be his JesterKasa outfit ehe

~ * ~

Tsukasa brushed his cheek as he frowned at his reflection in the mirror.

Despite practicing with Saki, and even Nene, he still wasn't very good at putting on makeup. To be quite honest, he still wasn't sure where to start.

He'd been curious for a while. Occasionally asking Saki questions when he'd go shopping for her. Or talking about it briefly with Nene at practice, when given the opportunity. But his drive only grew as they performed more. And it was thanks to Rui, who gave him the push to take the first step.

Not to mention, Rui's skill with makeup had really brought life to his character. Well, aside from his acting, of course.

But it left Tsukasa in awe. He wanted to learn how to do it. How Rui did it. How marking up his face could add so much more to his roles, and help him grow as a star!

A knock at the door brought him from his thoughts.

"It's open!" He called.

He set the brush down as Rui peeked in, a tub with a star sticker in his arms.

"Need some help?" He asked.

Tsukasa nodded meekly, sinking in his chair. He wasn't gonna get it this time. Not by himself, at least.

"I had Saki show me some techniques, but I just can't get them down," he pouted.

"Makeup is an art. It takes time to get good at it," Rui reassured as he set the tub down.

He went searching for his stool as Tsukasa let out a huff.

"Mizuki, Nene, and Saki have all had a lot of practice. It's just something you need to keep working on."

"How did you do it?"

"Hm?"

Rui set the stool in front of Tsukasa, before going through his tub.

"How did you get good at doing makeup?"

Tsukasa caught Rui's smile in the mirror as he turned, leaning forward so he could get his makeup done.

"Mizuki and I spent a lot of time in middle school messing around with makeup. It helped them feel comfortable with themselves, and I was happy to help. I was also a little curious myself. And I guess... I picked up some techniques from helping them. Research also helped. Although that is more of a me thing to do. But Mizuki always appreciated it when I taught them something."

Tsukasa let out a hum, and Rui pulled out a wipe, quickly undoing what Tsukasa had done. He whined as Rui chuckled, tilting his head to make sure he got everything.

"Maybe I can talk you through the process for our next show? It won't always be the same, depending on your character and the scene. But we can go over the basics."

"That would help."

The trash lid closed, before Rui went through his tub again.

"I would talk you through it today, but I promised Nene I'd help her with Emu's makeup."

"That's no problem! My role doesn't need anything super special like Emu's does this time..."

Rui tilted his head, brow raised curiously. His eyes moved from Tsukasa's face to the top of his head. He grabbed the comb from his vanity, quickly brushing it through his hair.