Chapter Twelve

Começar do início

I got up and walked over to my window as I thought about what to paint. Unfortunately, my vision focused on the crack in my glasses for the fifth time today. That crack drove me crazy, I swore it would be the death of me.

I stared off into the blank plot of land across the road. That was where I would always get inspiration when I enjoyed painting. I threw on a pair of sandals and made my way outside.

Once across the street, I stood in the middle of the field where burned dirt could still be spotted.

"What should we paint today, ghost?"
I paused. Ghost was what I called him. Talking to him gave me a relaxed sensation at times. When I was still grieving I would always sit over here and talk for hours to myself. The neighbors thought I was going crazy but in reality, it was how I coped.

"I'm thinking... The Andromeda Galaxy." In habit, I looked down at the ground where the old house burned down. "You know I've been doing really good lately. I like someone. I bet if you were here you would be freaking out and begging me to tell you about him."

My phone caught my attention as it began to vibrate in my back pocket. I pulled it out, seeing that it was Krel again. I held up the phone and answered.

"How would you like to go on a chase tonight?" Krel grinned.

"What do you mean?"

"Vex is going after the Zerons! Aja and I are going after him and- wait are you outside?"

"Yeah? ...What is a Zeron?"

"They're one of the bounty hunters after us." He groaned. "But I want you to come, will you?"

"Are you sure we should bring her? What if she gets hurt?" Aja asked in the background.

"Yeah, krel. If it's a bounty hunter why take me?" I joined Aja's side.

"You don't have to worry, Phoenix. If anything happens, I'll protect you."

I could hear Aja cooing in the background.

Krel rolled his eyes, "You said so yourself, you want excitement. Will you come or not?"

The fact he said he'd protect me brought the butterflies back and I had to say yes.

"Great! Meet me outside the mothership! We'll meet Aja up ahead!" He hung up.

"Well Ghost, here goes another adventure." I ran back into my house and grabbed Stitch and his harness. Before leaving my room I took a glance at my sword and hesitated. On second thought, I grabbed it and rushed out.

"I'll be back soon Olivia!" I accidentally slammed the front door a bit too hard as I rushed out.

I had arrived pretty fast due to how close we lived, and that extra brace krel made me was helping.

"Okay, are you ready?" Krel hopped onto his hoverboard.

I nodded and stepped on. I held onto him and he started racing through the empty field behind the neighborhood.

"So you're going out like this?" I asked.

"Well, my human form is worn off, besides I quite like being myself around you."

~~*~~*~~

"Aja!" Krel whispered before stepping off the hoverboard.

"Shh. I'm listening." Aja was knelt down behind a bush near an old parking lot with dozens of run-down cars.

"Is this the old drive-in theater? I used to go here all the time!" I knelt beside her.