+ Found +

Username: dracos1mpp

Disclaimer: Although this review may sound harsh, remember that you are a new writer, and every new writer has A LOT to improve on. I did when I started writing as well, and I still have a lot to improve on. Hopefully this review will help you.

To anyone else reading, I'll let you know that this person is also really cool. :)

Title (9/10): So from what I've observed from the description and the one chapter I did read, one can infer that, 'Found' is a title that makes sense for the story of a girl trying to find her real biological family.

Cover (2/10): Since I did only read two chapters, I can't tell if the street lights correlate with the story just yet. However, the traditional cover for a Wattpad book (one with a title and an author name) is very uniform because ones with them typically get more reads and is regarded as aesthetic. Most important if all, it can signal being professional.

If you don't know how to make a cover of that style, here is a basic tutorial on how I make mine:

1) Go on Pinterest and look up some photos that correlate with your story. My tip is to look it up and put 'aesthetic' next to it (example: mafia aesthetic) Then find some photos that you like.

From my experience, it's okay to use a photo that isn't royalty free because you're not selling your book if it's unpaid. I've also seen Pinterest photos that I've looked at before on many other people's covers.

Another cheat tip: find an 'aesthetic' profile, it's like them doing the work for you to find those good photos ;)

2) Save the photos on your device and open Canva. Look up Wattpad book cover in templates and choose blank. That way your cover doesn't turn out wacky when you apply it on your book cover.

3) On the blank template, take one of your photos and make it the background. You can crop it however you want it if you choose to.

4) Go into text and go to the fonts that are titled something like 'add a subheading'. Add that to your story and duplicate it (or just go in and press it again so there's two text boxes on your story) In one of them, type in the title. In the other, type in your username or actual name since whichever one is fine.

Now tap on them and add an aesthetic font. My personal favorite is Cardo because it's simple yet pretty, but honestly you can do whichever one you want.

It is also VERY important that the title can be seen clearly. Image cropping can help with that if it looks like if there's a white letter of the title on a white part of the background.

Master tip: Play with the letter spacing option for aesthetic.

5) Play with filters or anything you want until you think the cover is done. Then you just save it, put it on your story, and there you go! A traditional Wattpad cover!

Hopefully I explained this somewhat okay, but a YouTube video may do better.

Blurb (6/10): I will give the blurb the fact that it does get the point across and seems to correlate with the story. You also present the question of what will happen when Natasha finds her biological family. Though I do wish that it was somewhat longer and elaborated. Are there overprotective brothers? Is there a love interest? These are the types of questions I'd like to know as a reader.

I recommend making a two sentence blurb, putting some dots, and then making an elaborative blurb. That way you get a basic idea, then a more elaborated idea of the story pitch.