CHAPTER 0: How the Fool Starts Their Journey

Akira Kurusu was a 16 year old kid from the countryside of Japan, who's going to the city. Walking home one dark dark night he heard the screaming of a woman.

"Let go of me!"

"Just shut up and get in the car," said a man.

The argument escalated between the bald, drunk man with orange glasses and the brunette woman, Akira approached, acting before he could think. As he stepped between them, the man fell, hitting his head and bleeding a little bit. The man threatened to sue him for intervening.

Cops approached the scene, and the man slurred that he was assaulted by Akira. The cops were skeptical, but the woman backed up the man, and he was arrested.

The outcome of the court trial was unexpected. Taking into account the woman's statement with the contradictory witnesses, he charged Akira with assault charges on 1 year probation.

Akira's parents didn't listen to him, telling him to pack his things and go to an old friend in Shibuya.

Akira packed all of his belongings and anything he could carry on him. He left his old house, moving in with an old family friend he was afraid to meet.

4/9/2016 Saturday Yogen-Jaya, 2:00 pm

He got off the train going into Yogen-Jaya, a backstreet area, and went to the written address. The friend wasn't there. He asked some town folk. They explained that he usually stayed at his cafe, Cafe Leblanc.

4/9 Cafe Leblanc, Afternoon

Akira enters the Cafe to see an old couple inside, along with a middle aged man.

"I love the coffee here." Says an old woman.

"Don't forget the atmosphere, it's great here." Says an old man.

The man notices Akira entering.

"As much as I appreciate you two being regulars, I have some business with this kid. But I hope you come back again."

"We will"

The old couple leaves and all that is left is Sojiro Sakura and Akira Kurusu. Sojiro was one of the first people willing to take up Akira. If you looked at the middle aged man with glasses and slicked back black hair, you could see that it's almost as if he was forced to do this.

"So you're Akira Kurusu, you don't look like a criminal. But criminals are usually deceiving."

That line pierced him, but Akira did what he did best, put on a little show.

"You would be correct old man, I guess you would be Sojiro Sakura, my caretaker right?"

"I'm not that old, anyway my age doesn't matter for the fact that I have to introduce you at your new High School, Shujin Academy."

"When am I getting introduced?"

"Tomorrow, in the meanwhile you can follow me upstairs where your new room and stuff will be."

The two go upstairs to see an abandoned attic. A place that looks like it had mattresses plopped on some milk crates. At second glance the mattress was on a few metal and wooden crates.

"You don't have to look too disappointed, it's the best I can do for you at the moment. Simple rules for you. Stay in the area in the evening. If you think you can sneak out I'm staying here long enough to see you sleep at your curfew."

"I would ask 'wHy do I hAve cURfew' but I always forget I am a 'criminal'".

"You understand that much...." Sojiro sighs.

"Look you're staying here for a year, before I leave you alone up here, what did you do to get probation?"

"I'd rather not say..."

"Alright then I won't pressure you, have fun up here and don't escape. Dinner will be done at around 7, be ready to eat by then."

Sojiro went back downstairs to run the Cafe. Akira decided to clear his mind and his room. He picked up his phone and was going to play some music. There was a weird app that was red with an eye. He deleted it immediately and just went on to cleaning the attic up.

4/9 Yogan-Jaya, Evening

Sojiro heard some noise coming from upstairs, he went up and saw an unexpected thing. Akira was humming a little song while putting some of the finishing touches. The attic didn't turn to gold or anything but it might as well have. No dust could be seen, everything was placed in a visually appealing way.

Sojiro was astonished, he knocked on the wall to get Akira's attention, he took off his headphones and finished cleaning.

"Wow, just wow." Sojijro stops and smiles a little.

"I would never think that the attic could look this clean. I know why you did it, but how did you do it so well?"

"A few trade and family secrets, if I tell you I'd have to make you sign a NDA."

"Noted, I came up here to say dinner is almost ready, just put the cleaning supplies away for now."

"Sure you're not forgetting anything else old man?"

"I keep telling you I'm not that old, keep it up and you get less of dinner."

"Alright dashing young knight, we go onwards, and tomorrow we ride at dawn."

"..."

"Yeah I'll just...go downstairs and eat, you don't have to say anything."

"What are you going to eat? The food still needs a little more time"

"Right, sorry, see you downstairs."

The two go downstairs and talk a little more. Time completely stops and Akira hears the voice of a young woman.

"I am thou... Thou art I..."

"Thou hast acquired a new vow..."

"It shall become the wings of rebellion"

"That breaketh thy chains of captivity."

"With the birth of the Hierophant Persona"

"I have obtained the winds of blessing that"

"shall lead to freedom and new power..."

11/20 ??????, ????

A prosecutor starts talking "You were still completely normal when entering the city? That doesn't explain how you could have "stolen" the hearts of all those people. Everything seems inconsistent, but maybe I need a little bit of a better angle."

"Well as a thief you pick up on how to approach things from a different angle." We look back at a beaten up and bruised Akira.

"Well I need you to continue, and maybe a psych test for the woman talking about "the wings of rebellion", just please, try to remember everything."

4/9 Attic, Night

Akira was in his bed wondering, why the hell could he not at least have a bed frame?

He was up thinking about his new start. He set an alarm to wake up early to go to Shujin. He saw the weird app again, already seeing where this was going, he didn't delete it, going to sleep immediately.

Maybe his dreams had a few more answers.