five

Santana texted Brittany to say she was on her way over as soon as she woke up practically, not waiting on a reply before she quickly showered and ran a brush through black hair. She had pouted and grumbled throughout most of the two week trip to Puerto Rico her mother had just forced her to join her on. For once, Brittany hadn't been able to accompany them to the island on the Lopez family's annual trip because she had to go visit Whitney's parents out in the country for a while instead. By the time Maribel and Santana returned home, Britt was still away for another week. Santana was missing her girlfriend terribly.

It still gave her such a thrill that she was able to call Brittany that term confidently now without fear and could even tell other people about her sometimes. Her obnoxious younger cousins all sort of knew about Brittany and Santana now, so the dark-haired girl endured relentless teasing from them about how whipped she was for the blonde girl. Her extended family had known Brittany since she was twelve practically and didn't seem remotely surprised when they found out that the two were an official couple.

It was no secret that her cousins got on her nerves and vice-versa but they all liked Brittany's company more than Santana's, so they were disappointed at the tall blonde not being able to join them.

Maribel rolled her eyes at Santana's pining and grouching, telling her she needed to spend some time with the family for a change, including her mother as she hadn't had much family time for the entire year and they wanted to celebrate her graduation.

Of course, Santana had spent half of the trip texting Brittany on the beach or from whichever aunt or uncle's house they went to, much to her mother's disapproval. She had blushed, quickly hiding the screen of her phone when Brittany sent her a topless picture without warning in the middle of a party Santana's cousins were having one night. That was quickly followed by a pic of something else a lot further down on the blonde's body that made Santana blush so hard and stutter so much she almost couldn't turn her phone screen off in time. Her nosy older male cousin quickly figured out what had happened and of course blabbed about it to all the others, so they all wouldn't stop laughing about it, making Santana the entertainment for the night.

That girl just drove Santana crazy.

"You're up bright and early, Mija. It's unusual to see you awake before ten, especially on a summer weekend and with that happy look on your face too," Maribel teased, standing over the stove and stirring something around in a frying pan. "That's a surprise but something tells me I know the reason for that smile on your face. Do you want breakfast?"

Santana shook her head, grabbing a slice of toast on her way out and taking a bite out of it. She wasn't a food for breakfast person and she didn't even care about food at the moment when she had somewhere to be. She glanced at her gold watch, noticing it was only seven thirty but she didn't see the point in waiting when she could be at Brittany's house. It was the first time they had spent so much time away from each other since they began officially dating.

"See you later, Mami. Sleepover at Britt's house."

Maribel just smirked at her daughter, shaking her head as Santana practically dashed out of the Lopez house and walked at a fast pace over to the Pierce's smaller house just down the block. Santana didn't need to pack anything to take with her because she already practically had a drawer full of clothes in Brittany's bedroom and a toothbrush from all of the times they had spent together. It took a few rings of the doorbell and another text before the blonde eventually came down to let her in. Brittany looked a little groggy and was yawning, wearing the cutest pink pajamas Santana had ever seen along with fuzzy slippers.

"Santana? Am I having that dream again?" She sounded a little confused by her being there so early but her eyes lit up.

Santana immediately threw her arms around her, pulling her into a tight hug.