Chapter Five: Second Chance At First Line: Part Two

Ares's Pov

Derek Hale was arrested.

The three of us had gone to Mr. Stilinski and told him everything. He along with a few other officers went to the burnt Hale house and were shocked when they saw the other half of the body.

Scott had gone to make sure that Derek actually did get arrested.

Stiles had only gone so he could mock Derek. Classic Stiles.

He asked if I was going to join and I really wanted to, but when Emerson found out about Derek's arrest she told me to stay home.

So, sadly, I had to stay home.

Emerson had gone out to run an errand and said she would be back in an hour or two.

I was currently wandering around the house, trying to pass the time since I had nothing else to do.

I stopped in front of a particular door and bit the inside of my cheek. I was having an inner debate in my head, wondering if I should head inside or not.

It's our parents room.

That room hasn't been touched in years. Emerson and I have never gone inside after their death.

It's just painful to go into their rooms and be reminded of our parents that were taken away from us too early.

I was young when my parents died and I have so little memory of them. I don't know much about them.

But, it still hurts that I'll never know what it feels like to have two loving parents.

I bit the inside of my cheek as my hand slowly hovered above the doorknob of the room.

I was having an inner debate in my head. Trying to decide if I should go inside or just leave it alone.

However, before I could make my decision, a hand was placed onto my shoulder.

A scream escaped my lips and I spun around, raising my fist in the air to hit whoever was behind me, only to stop when I saw who it was.

"Woah, woah, easy there my love" the voice of my boyfriend soothed me.

I let out a huge breath of relief before smacking him upside the head.

"Ow! What was that for?" Stiles asked, looking at me incredulously.

"For scaring the shit out of me" I rolled my eyes.

"Alright, I'm sorry. I just wanted to come over and the door was open" Stiles told me.

I let out a small sigh and simply nodded at him.

Stiles opened his mouth to say something when he furrowed his eyebrows together.

"Uh, my love, why are you standing outside your parents room?" he asked in confusion.

It really shouldn't be a shock to anyone that Stiles knows what room that is.

Considering we've been dating for a while and he's almost always over.

Just like how I'm always over at his house. Whether it's so we can work on homework together or cuddle in his bed and watch movies.

"I-I..." I stuttered, unsure of what to say or do.

I hadn't even realized that tears had gathered in my eyes. I hadn't even realized that tears were slowly streaming down my cheeks.

Stiles glanced between the room and I before realization washed through his eyes.

"Oh, Ares" Stiles softly frowned.