CHAPTER 8: Pain and suffering isn't my strong suit

Aurelia will always be someone I despise. As a character. Not exactly person, but now that I'm here in person... I...

"S-stop! You know I'm too short to reach!"

I see a woman with blonde hair and blue eyes, jumping up and down to catch a book from another man.

I'm in quite the dilemma.

The man laughed, he was clearly teasing her. But from another man's POV, it would seem like he was bullying her. Not that I care...

I'm more relieved. She's okay and..  God, I was worried for no reason.

I mean, yeah sure, human beings deserve respect and care... But she's a character from a book. Plus, she's made to be a Mary Sue.

She literally can't be hurt.

I sighed, feeling a wave of relief wash over me. My breath hitched as I felt a pain coming from my stomach.

"Can't I just enjoy something without being a pain..??" I grumbled under my breath, leaning against a nearby wall. I slid down, closing my eyes.

I watched as she did poor attempts at flirting. I mean, it was better than what I could do. Do I look like I can go up to someone and say, "Stawwwwp! I'm so shorrt 🥺"

Couldn't catch me dead doing that.

I slowly opened my eyes, my gaze shifted to the man, his hair was white. Like a pure white. I mean, yeah, hair color here isn't exactly natural in a way. Nor is magic...

I looked at his expression. He was weirdly... Blank. I raised an eyebrow, confused on how he was so... Nonchalant.

I sighed, using the wall to help me get up. I grunted softly, my vision becoming slightly blurry.

Maybe rushing out of bed after I fell unconscious wasn't the brightest idea, but hey, I had places to be.

"Daniel! Where are you!" I heard a familiar voice yell.

Shivers went down my spine, "Oh fuck off..." I sighed, starting to run off.

My gaze went back to Aurelia and the guy. His eyes.. Were staring right at me. The taunting color of a vibrant red.

It felt as if time slowed down, the man smiling eerily.

"Thanks for playing my request."

His voice echoed in my head. I've heard this voice before.

"You're really good at playing the violin, Isaac."

I stopped dead in my tracks, my eyes widening in shock. What... What the fuck.

He quickly turned his head back to Aurelia, like nothing had happened.

"You're gonna need to grow a few inches. I won't stop bothering you until you do." He teased, his eyes changing to a brown color.

I took a few steps back, my mouth running dry. What. The fuck.

I covered my ears, turning back and running.

He wasn't in the book. There was no one...

Did I just fuck up the storyline? Shittt, I should've known...

I groaned, continuing to run. My breathing got heavier, my mind weighing on me as I ran. It felt like I had ran a marathon despite on running for a couple of seconds. What was going on..?

This isn't what was in the novel-

"A-agh-, shit, I'm so sorry..." I fell to the ground, covering my nose. God, whoever I ran into had a firm ass chest.

"Hm? Oh, there you are."

I looked up, it was Kairo.

"Kairo? Wait, right... I ran out of bed and-" I was cut off by my own pained groan, clutching my stomach. "Shit... Was it something I ate..?"

"Why're you cursing so much... And it might be because of something you haven't ate. Because you haven't eaten?" He raised an eyebrow, picking my up and setting me on my feet.

"Are you okay? You're... Really pale-"

I cut him off, "I'm fine! Totally fine. Just wondering if I saw a demon or I was just imagining things."

"Demons are extinct, you're probably just imagining things." Kairo responded quickly, interlocking her arm with mine.

He guided me to the room I woke up in. He sat me on the bed, Nico and Elliot running over.

"Oh, you're alright." Elliot huffed, his chest heaving up and down as he smiled softly.

Okay, chill dude... You hated me your entire life before I changed. Chillax.

Nico started hugging me, almost crying. "Y-you're alright! I was so worried, Dani!"

... Dani? What the hell..?

"Y-yeah... Thanks."

Since when did I have a nickname??

I... I think it has something to do with that white haired guy. Or not and the author is bullshiting because they have no idea how to write for shit.

But what do I know?

I looked down at Nico, stroking his hair. He smiled as he nuzzled into me.

Kairo crossed his arms, closing his eyes as he leaned against a wall. I shifted my gaze over to Elliot.

"When you rushed out, we got a bit worried since you hadn't eaten I'm a while. You are probably still sick so.." He spoke softly.

It made me feel weird.

Not like his voice made my stomach have butterflies, it was more because the way he spoke felt like uncommon ground.

I wasn't used to his voice being soft and it made me wanna throw up.

Why did I have to ruin the story....

Ah right! Because I didn't want fictional characters to die. And I wanted to at least live a better life and get on the characters good side!

I've already forgotten entirely about wanting to be... Unnoticed. I've gotten this far, and I atleast have to fix everything.

Rewrite the story. Even if that means going on unfamiliar ground.

I felt Nico hug me tighter.

Really... REALLY unfamiliar ground.

"Sorry, I wasn't really in my right state of mind..." I finally let out. I didn't dare make eye contact for some reason. I stared down at Nico who had already fallen asleep, still crying despite being asleep.

Not sure how that's possible, but I shrugged it off. "I ran out without thinking. It's my fault for making you all worry-"

"Not me. I just want to say that I wasn't worried." Kairo butted in, raising his hand out.

"... You and Nico. I'm sorry for making you two worry." I turned to Elliot, finally making eye contact. I tried to smile but I felt as if that was a bit... Much.

Considering I can't smile on command.

"Thank you, Daniel. I appreciate the words." Elliot responded with a smile.

Now that. That was a smile.

.
.
.

To be continued...