CHAPTER 5: I hate my existence to an extent

"Why hello. It seems you are Daniel?"

My eyes look away; Elliott's tone seemed so fake. "Y-yes," I say, trying not to sound nervous.

He nods. "Have we... Met before?"

My heart drops. I feel like I'm going to die of embarrassment or because of Elliott.

"I believe we haven't." I try to say, sounding as calm as possible.

"Hmm, really? If you say so." He nods and begins talking to my mother.

Of course, I was left out. I was technically labeled as stupid, and I didn't really have anything against them so how would I use the information.

I began trying to listen in, seeing if there was any important information.

"Recently, we've been looking for suitors."

"Oh really? I'll see if my daughter's will like to participate."

"Oh no, I already found someone."

"Ah! Congratulations, your highness."

'It seems they already met..' I scrunch up my face. 'This is unbearably uncomfortable..'

Just smile and wave, smile and wave...

"Although, it seems that they've ran away from me. They said something and left, it's quite sad."

'Wait, really? I specifically remember them meeting, the two never ran away from each other in the book..?'

"Oh my! I never would've expected someone to run away from his highness."

My mother laughs.

'Hold on.. Don't tell me... THE DAY I WENT OUT WAS THE TIME FOR THEIR MEETING??'

I scream internally realizing that I ruined their meeting. That was a key moment in the timeline!

"Wait.. Really? What did they look like?" I say stiffly, trying to make some conversation.

"Well.. It's quite odd.." He smirks, "They had short gray hair."

Why did he emphasize on gray. No actually- WHY DID HE EMPHASIZE ON GRAY-

"Really..? That's so odd! I wonder who it could've been." I say, worryingly. Hopefully he didn't notice my sarcasm.

"Lady Huguard.. Do you mind if I could speak privately with Daniel?"

"Oh why not? Daniel, you should be friends! It'd be nice to see you two bond!" She smiles, getting up from her seat. "Well, I'll see myself off." She smiles, waving goodbye to the Elliot, the mouthing something to me.

"Good luck"

Thanks a lot "mom."

I sigh, turning my head to Elliot. "S-so..? You wanted to talk to me..?"

"That's was you at the market, yes?"

He gets up, walking closer to me.

"Yes.. Why..?"

He pins me against the couch, I literally had no where to go.

"You think I'm.. Sexy?"

"I-I.."

"Why're you hesitant? You were completely fine saying it before."

He grins. "You're way more interesting than I thought..."

"Y-you're too close..!"

"Oh... I'm sorry, I guess I did get a little too close for comfort." He laughs, but didn't move away at all.