ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ

Start from the beginning

From the corner of my eye, I see an enormous flower suddenly erupt from the stone ground and the large petals open up to reveal a radiant light. Knowing what's about to happen, I spread my wings and quickly lift myself off the ground, keeping a distance between myself and the flower.

Once the flower destroys the majority of the kingdom, I say to my comrade, "Original Demon, I'll handle this damn plant. Keep your focus on the Boar Sin of Gluttony and the Lion Sin of Pride."

And with that, the Original Demon swiftly carries out my order and starts attacking the two Sins while I distract the flower that keeps changing its form. My head is still throbbing and aching but I have no choice but to ignore the discomfort and continue the fight with our enemies.

"They're coming," I say quietly to myself when I detect the Commandment of Reticence and the Commandment of Purity heading in our direction. "But how? Did Monspeet and Derieri willingly give up their Commandments? Or were they killed? Wait. There's another Commandment—"

My eyes widen in surprise when I realise that the Commandment of Benevolence is also heading towards us. Did Lenora release the Commandment? Does that mean she's on our side right now?

Up ahead on the battlefield, I see the Commandment of Faith combine itself with the rest of the Commandments that are heading straight for the white cocoon, straight for my older sister.

"Bear witness to our new Demon Queen," I hear the Original Demon cry out this declaration.

Once the four missing Commandments enter the cocoon, I let out a sigh of relief, smiling softly.

"What the hell is this?" I snarl when a large symbol appears in the area where my enemies are.

That symbol—Why the hell does it look so familiar to me? Wait a second. Is this the spell that—

"She's trying to suspend the cocoon in time," I say in realisation, panicking. "Damn it, not now!"

Along with the Original Demon, I rush forward to the Daughter of Belialuin, my sword drawn. Just when the two of us strike, the Lion Sin of Pride and the Grizzly Sin of Sloth get in our way.

"Escanor, King," Merlin cries out to her fellow Sins with a single finger raised in the air, her eyes full of determination. "I need you. Help me. Please just keep me guarded for twelve minutes."

Enraged, I strike at the Fairy King's weapon and yell, "Get out of my way, you damn fools!"

For the next couple of minutes, I try to hold off the weapon of the Grizzly Sin of Sloth. During this time, the Orginal Demon manages to get rid of Escanor from the battlefield but the leader of the Four Archangels joins the battle. And I feel wrath spread through my whole body when I see this.

"I swear, if I could kill all of you, I would," I mutter under my breath as I block another attack.

Damn it. Ludociel the Archangel no longer possesses his Human vessel and is fighting with his true form at the moment. But that doesn't mean he's any weaker.

We're running out of time here. I need Elizabeth to absorb the rest of the Commandments.

"Light?" I say in confusion when a ray of sunshine suddenly breaks through the dark barrier.

"Oh fake night lieu me below," a familiar voice I have not heard for a very long time speaks into the shocked silence. "You will hereby dissipate and vanish before my grace."

"No," I whisper in horror when the ray of sunshine grows bigger. "No, no, no. Anything but this."

Mael of the Four Archangels, the younger brother of Ludociel, the Archangel who I thought killed the second eldest daughter of the Demon Queen. He's here. And he's going to stop everything.