ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ

Začít od začátku

"I'm afraid this can't be helped," Chandler speaks up and I frown at this abrupt statement.

"Doing so is our duty," Cusack states with a massive grin before shooting me a reassuring look.

"Alji," the two high-ranked Demons cry out at the same time before they start to merge with one another, their large bodies quickly bleeding into each other as bright light shines everywhere.

"Once to serve his retainer," Chandler speaks up, "the Demon King created a Demon, one more powerful than any other. This infamous creation came to be known as the Original Demon."

"The Original Demon?" I breathe in astonishment as my eyes widen in shock at the spectacle.

My sisters and I were always told tales and stories about the Original Demon, a powerful Demon that lived years before we were born. Who would have thought it was our two teachers all along?

"This retainer was obedient at first," my teacher continues, "but grew to be overly confident and lusted for power. And that lust led it to begin a rebellion against the Demon King."

"Of course, it was weak at its own game and received punishment," Elizabeth's teacher goes on. "He was divided both in body and soul into two and was given a serious duty; to raise the eldest and youngest Princesses as proper candidates, candidates to be the next Demon Queen. Two halves would also serve individually as the Princesses' mentors. The second eldest Princess was also trained but believed to already be a worthy candidate. She needed no more training."

My jaw drops slightly at this because only now do I remember that Lenora was only trained once in a while by Chandler and Cusack. Because she was already perfect in every way which made her the ideal warrior thus the perfect candidate. Lenora was the golden child of our family.

"Princess (Y/n)," Cusack speaks up with a strained voice as he slowly glances over at me, his dark eyes watching me. "It is my wish that you become the next Demon Queen."

"Princess Elizabeth," Chandler chokes. "Please fulfil your destiny to become the Demon Queen."

"No, wait," I call out desperately as the two high-ranked Demons finally merge into one another.

"The halves of the sinners are reunited," they speak as one once the shining light dies away and their true form is revealed to all of us. "I am the Original Demon."

I startle when the barrier around us suddenly disappears and I hear the Boar Sin of Gluttony say, "No way. He ousted the field of darkness created by Elizabeth and the Commandments. So what we're seeing is...their true form? We're done for. There's no way we can win now."

I blink in shock when I hear these words because I never expected them to leave Merlin's lips.

"Damn it," I cry out when the agonising pain suddenly returns to my mind once again, memories tearing into my sanity as I stumble back towards the white cocoon. "No, no, not now. Damn it."

We have an eternity to prove to all of the races that we are just the same. Right, little sister?

Aren't you just tired of following our mother's orders? Don't you just want to be set free, (Y/n)?

I can't wait till we are all free from our responsibilities and duties. Freedom is what I truly want.

Let's travel through every single realm, (Y/n). We can discover and learn so many things!

I hope you're not scared of me, (Y/n). Who I am on the battlefield...that isn't who I truly am.

"We have an eternity," I growl through gritted teeth when I remember what my older sister once told me all those years ago, "to show our true selves to everyone and to heal one another."