ℙℝ𝕆𝕃𝕆𝔾𝕌𝔼: 𝕎𝔼𝕃ℂ𝕆𝕄𝔼 ℍ𝕆𝕄𝔼

=======================
༻❦ℍ𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕠, ℕ𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕓𝕠𝕣❦༺
=======================

(Y/n) (L/n), a 20 year old adult, was going through the old boxes in the attic and came across her old used-to-be favorite show: Welcome Home.

She flinched and shook in her place the moment she read the label of the old VHS tape. This show has haunted her ever since she was 14 years old. The show that gave her nightmares as a young teenager.

(Y/n) stomach twisted with an almost desire to chuck it across the attic but she firmly grasped the tape until she came to her senses. She was panicking again. She calmed her breathing and stared down at the VHS tape in her shaky hands.

The old innocent puppet show that she used to love before an unexpected incident had happened.

꧁🅵🅻🅰🆂🅷🅱🅰🅲🅺꧂

A 14 year old (Y/n) was sitting on the couch, watching one of the episodes of Welcome Home that was playing on the TV.

Her parents were away for the whole day, so she had the whole house to herself.

This episode was about Wally Darling sitting on his stool and painting on his canvas that was placed on an easel.

She smiled at the screen as Wally explained how and why he loves painting as a hobby.

"Do you like to paint too, Neighbor?" Wally asked, staring at the screen with his usual and infamous smiles.

(Y/n), being a young silly teenager, only laughed.

"Yeah, I do!" She answered, enthusiastically, not thinking much of it.

"That's lovely, Neighbor. How are you doing today?" Wally asked, his half-lidded eyes and casual smile masking the monster underneath it.

"Eh, its been fine." (Y/n) shrugged, naive to the puppet that she was supposedly been talking to.

Suddenly, Wally put down his paintbrush and placed his hands on his lap. He faced the screen and continued to smile.

"Hey, Neighbor?" He asked with his usual monotone voice that sent shivers down (Y/n)'s spine.

(Y/n) suddenly felt off by the way Wally said that. She kept her mouth shut and decided to just watch.

She felt uneasy by the fact that Wally looked to be talking to her like he could actually see her through the screen.

"Neighbor? Are you okay? You look a little... unwell." Wally's voice pierced through her thoughts.

(Y/n) furrowed her eyes at Wally with caution and fear coursing through her veins. She didn't answer the question thinking she was only getting a little paranoid.

This seemed to upset Wally from the lack of a response as his demeanor shifted slightly, almost to the point where it wasn't even noticeable.

"Neighbor? Did you hear me? I asked you a question." Wally's tone was almost threatening if he didn't try to cover it up in a matter of seconds.

Stubbornness got the best of (Y/n) as she remained unresponsive to Wally's demands for an answer.

'I think that's enough Welcome Home episodes for one day...' She thought, warily.

"It's not very nice to ignore a friend, (Y/n)..." Fear shot throughout (Y/n)'s body at Wally's words.

'How does he know my name!?' With wide eyes and heavy breaths, she reached for the remote control to switch off the TV.

Wally, noticing what she's about to do, had his eyes shot wide with an unreadable expression.

"W-Wait! (Y/n), I just want to talk! I-I swear!" He yelled out, his face now pressed up on the screen of the TV, staring at the girl with desperate eyes.

(Y/n) gulped down and spoke. "W-What is it, Wally?" Her voice was shaky and unstable to the point where the question nearly came out as a squeak.

Wally smiled, satisfied with her speaking to him again. He stopped pressing himself against the screen and instead just stared at them with his signature monotonous expression.

"Happy to know that you're still talking to me, Neighbor, but do try to be more responsive when it comes to answering my questions. Alright?" He sighed with a slight tilt of his head.

(Y/n), who didn't want to upset him any further, decided to answer.

"Y-Yeah, okay..." She answered, softly. It was a good enough answer for Wally as he seemed to have brightened up when she agreed to the terms.

(Y/n) was starting to have enough of this and tries to turn off the TV without Wally noticing.

Unfortunately, he noticed and his eyes showed betrayal and hurt at the gesture.

"Are you still trying to turn off the television, (Y/n)? Well, stop it. Please. W-We're not finished here yet!" Her hand already grasped the remote control and she pointed it towards the screen.

Wally's face turned into one of horror and desperation. "(Y/N), D-DON'T DO THIS!" He was now banging on the screen, screaming at her to stop what she was doing.

(Y/n) froze in shock and fear at what she was witnessing but she continued to point the device towards the screen, her thumb resting on the power button.

"I'M BEGGING YOU! DON'T LEAVE YET! I'M WARNING YOU! 𝔻𝕆ℕ'𝕋 𝕋𝕌ℝℕ 𝕆𝔽𝔽 𝕋ℍ𝔼 𝕋𝔼𝕃𝔼𝕍𝕀𝕊𝕀𝕆ℕ!" He was practically begging by now for (Y/n) to not turn off the TV but she still decided to anyways.

"N-NO! WAIT-!" Wally's voice was caught off from (Y/n) turning off the TV. She then dashed to the VHS tape player and pressed the eject button.

The VHS tape was ejected from the device and she took it and placed it in a box, along with the rest of the VHS tapes of Welcome Home and never watched them ever again.

꧁🅵🅻🅰🆂🅷🅱🅰🅲🅺 🅴🅽🅳꧂

(Y/n) was now struck with the feeling of nostalgia and dread. However, she was still curious about the show. Does the VHS tape still work or did it become a bust?

She placed the VHS tape with the other tapes and grabbed the box before bringing them out of the attic. She placed them in the living room near the TV before leaving to go grab a drink.

Not knowing that, that was one of the biggest mistakes she's ever made in her entire life.