Chapter 18: The Power of the Ultimate Being

Start from the beginning

Nothing happened though. The sun continued to rise however Kars just stood completely unharmed! Speedwagon's optimism vanished as he cried out "He's still standing! Even under the sun!" 

Kars began to laugh before saying "The perfect life form combines the abilities of all other life forms. It combines all life into one. Breath-taking. Such beautiful radiance. That light is the most wonderful thing I've seen! And now I have conquered it! HAHAHAHAHA!" 

Speedwagon exclaimed "He has no weaknesses! Even Hamon won't work on him! He's immortal, unstoppable! No one can beat him! He is complete, Kars the Ultimate Life Form is COMPLETE!"

Stroheim muttered "T-this is my fault. I let him put on the mask with the red stone in it." Smokey asked "Is there no way to stop him? Are we humans destined to die?! To become food for him?!" I just stammered out "H-how could I have let this happen?" 

The only person not showing fear, was Joseph who eyed Kars before saying "No. I've got a plan." I raised an eyebrow, saying "Oh? Do tell." Speedwagon asked "What was that JoJo?" Joseph gave Lisa Lisa to Speedwagon, saying "Hold her. Yeah, I have one last plan."

Stroheim repeated "A final plan?" Joseph answered "Yeah, I save it for last." Stroheim asked "What is it?!" I added "Yes, we're kind of short on time. Just tell us already." Smokey seemed to understand as he asked "JoJo, do you mean THAT final plan?!"

Joseph stated "Listen up! Do it till your last breath!" Stroheim was again, asking "Do WHAT until my last breath!" Joseph looked at Kars with a confident smirk. Whatever he had planned, it had to be something REALLY special. He picked up the red stone off the ground.

"RUN AWAY!"

Yes, Joseph proceeded to pick the stone up and run away as fast as he could! My eyes widened as my mouth dropped open. "W-WHAT! What the hell are you doing?!" Joseph shot back "What does it look like?! I'm getting the hell out of here!" Smokey screamed "I knew it!"

My attention soon snapped to Kars as he let out a shrill shriek and his arms began to transform! He informed "Hamon users mean nothing to me now! But you..." Eyeing me he added "And you... Wamuu and Esidisi need to be avenged. And I must celebrate. JoJo, Gyalzen, your deaths will be dedicated to my birth!" As he said this, his arms had now completely changed into wings, feathers extended from his head.

Image of Kars as the Ultimate Being:

With his newfound wings, Kars soared into the air intent on pursuing Joseph! And it was here, I made my stand

With his newfound wings, Kars soared into the air intent on pursuing Joseph! And it was here, I made my stand. I had no idea what Joseph's game was. However in the time I'd known him, I knew just how crafty he was. He would think of something. But he couldn't think if he was DEAD!

I ran as well, not intending to catch Joseph or Smokey but rather, my focus was purely on Kars himself. As I ran though, I purposely scraped my feet across the stone ground. The roughness of the pebbles generated more friction than the pillar earlier therefore, more steam was generated.