Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4: Natalie's brows furrowed, her eyes narrowing.

"What are you talking about? Why am I here?!" She was on the verge of hysteria.

A mental breakdown.

She needed answers, and she needed them now.

She leaned forward so that they were nose to nose, ignored the way her skin tingled at the close proximity and the way his eyes darkened.

"Tell me, now."

He inched closer.

"You will not tell me what to do, mi amour." He whispered, the words silky and husky as his gaze dropped down to her lips, even as his gaze grew angry at her command.

They tingled and she pushed away the urge to bite them nervously.

She straightened her shoulders and much to her dismay-was the first to break the hot, intense gaze. "Please just tell me what I am doing here and why you kidnapped me." She emphasized the word 'kidnapped' to get her point across.

His blue eyes twinkled with laughter as he, too, leaned back in his seat and crossed long muscular legs.

"This is criminal, you know?!" she growled and his lips twitched.

"Well, it's what I do best, then." He said and she swallowed hard.

"What are you? Some dirty diplomat or some criminal?" she asked, hesitant, but knowing she needed the answer.

"I run an...organization." He said and she stiffened her shoulders.

She could detect what that meant and she didn't like it one bit.

"What do you mean? Like...like the m-mafia?" she stuttered.

He smiled, slowly, liking her discomfort.

"If that's what you wish to call it, yes."

He said and stood to walk over to the small mini-bar to pour two small crystal glasses with an amber liquid. He returned and handed it to her. She eyed it wearily.

Was it poisoned?

Would he poison her? Drug her?

He chuckled again and the sound seared her to her toes.

He sat down, leaned forward and slowly gripped the glass over her own fingers and raised the glass to his luscious lips. She must be easy to read.

She watched as his pink tongue darted out and dipped into the glass, into the liquid, swirling slightly. His eyes were dark and he was staring at her intently as he did this. She couldn't help but think that he was thinking he was using his tongue for something else. She flushed at the thought. His tongue darted back into his mouth.

"See, mi amour?" he whispered, voice husky and silky.

Finally, she took the glass back and he leaned back into his seat his movements relaxed, seductive. Oh, he knew just what he was doing to her and he liked it. He sighed heavily as if he was about to do something that required a lot of effort.

Since when was explaining why you KIDNAPPED someone an effort?

"Your mother." He said simply.

Natalie's spine snapped straight.

"What about her? Did you do something to her? I swear to-"he cut her off his eyes narrowing.

"She made a deal. Around one year ago, she asked for money...around fifty grand. She was supposed to pay it back and she never did." He said and took a sip of his drink, swirling the glass between long tapered fingers.

"What? No. My mom wouldn't have any reason! Did she say why she needed any money? I don't believe you." She said and he took a deep breath as if reigning in his temper.

She had no doubt he had one, a hot one.

'Just like him...' her mind purred.

She shoved it away and focused on him as he stood and walked over to the desk, pulled open a drawer and walked back with a manila envelope in his hands.

He gave it to her, letting his fingertips brush her own sending fire in his finger's wake. With fumbling and shaky hands, she opened it and pulled out large photos, all in black and white.

There, a picture of her mother in a small café a few blocks away from her mother's home, she sat. She could tell just from looking at the photos that her mother was high as a kite. After seeing it so often, you know the signs. In the photo, there was a man in a dark suit, a black briefcase under the table. There were around 15 different shots and with each one Natalie's heart settled heavily in her chest. She threw down the papers and glared at Giovanni.

"So? This still doesn't explain why I am here. Why you KIDNAPPED me." He looked her straight in the eye. "Your mother couldn't pay us back, and that it not a good thing. So, instead she gave us you." He said and Natalie shot up from her chair.

"How dare you! My mom may be a lot of things but she would NEVER do this to me." She snarled.

He stood, too, towering over her making her swallow hard as he stared down at her with hard and cold eyes.

Without taking his eyes off her, he pulled a small IPhone from his pocket and hit a button. A moment later, her mother's voice filled the silence in the room.

"I heard you guys talking about how the-the don needs a wife to carry his heirs. My daughter. She would be p-perfect. Please take her. Let her be his wife."

Tears filled her eyes and a sob tore itself from her.

She knew that voice, and there was no doubt it was her mother. How could she do this? After all she had done for her.

She just gave her away.

Natalie's legs crumpled from beneath her and she fell onto the chair.

Giovanni's eyes softened slightly, but not even a second later they were cold and emotionless. She tried to reign in the pain that lanced through her heart as sobs filled the room and large warm tears tracked down her cheeks in relentless streaks.

She finally took in a shuddering breath and looked up through red eyes up at Giovanni.

"You-You're the don, then." It was a statement.

He nodded.

"And-and I'm supposed to be your wife. That-that's the payment."

Another statement, another nod.

Anger, and outrage replaced the pain, fear and sadness, which she was beyond glad for.

She shot up so they were nose to nose, or nose to chin, since he was taller than her. She glared up into his eyes.

"I am not just someone to be bought and sold off!" Natalie shouted with outrage. Giovanni chuckled darkly and took a step forward so every part of their bodies were touching. He wrapped a hand around her throat, softly, possessively. "Ever since I first laid eyes on you, you've been mine. You hear that, mi amour? Mia..." Mine.'...

**************

All done with this chapter! It was short, but just for you guys I will upload another one in a bit. Shower time! Here I come! Vote. Comment. Follow. XX!!!! :)